District Council Affairs Specialist at RUBAVU DISTRICT. Deadline : February 17, 2020.
– Coordinate the planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the District Council Office’s activities and supervise all staff therein;
– Manage the agenda of the District Council and ensure that there is effective communication with the Executive Committee and other relevant organs/institutions on matters of strategic importance;
– Prepare working documents for District Council meetings and draft or review speeches and any other message to be delivered by the Chairperson of the District Council;
– Analyze any information (documents, files, reports, etc.) and issues brought to the attention of the District Council for consideration and action, produce an executive summary thereof where appropriate and advise on alternative solutions;
– Provide strategic advice in a bid to ensure coherence between national and local political orientation and serve as a member to the District Technical Coordination Committee;
– Serve as minutes taker to the District Council meetings, advise on the impact of any decision of strategic importance to be taken and closely follow up on the implementation status of all District Council’s decisions
Bachelor’s Degree in Political Sciences, Public Administration, Administrative Sciences, Public Policy, Law, Social Work, Sociology, Governance, Management, Economics, Finance, Development Studies, Business Administration with 3 years of working experience or Master’s Degree in Political Sciences, Public Administration, Administrative Sciences, Public Policy, Law, Social Work, Sociology, Governance, Management, Economics, Finance, Development Studies, Business Administration
Key Technical skills and Knowledge Required:
– Extensive knowledge and understanding of Local Government Functionality;
– Good knowledge of government policy
– making processes;
– Analytical, problem
– solving and critical thinking skills.
– Technical understanding of system being analyzed and how it affects the various business units.
– tasking skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and keep up with project scope changes.
– Able to work well with both internal and external clients.
– Leadership skills;
– Report writing and presentation skills;
– Computer Literate;
– Coordination, planning and organizational skills;
– Interpersonal skills;
– Collaboration and team working skills;
– Effective communication skills;
– Administrative skills;
– Time management skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org