District Field Officer (DFO) at L’Association pour le Développement Intégré” ADI TERIMBERE: (Deadline 1 October 2020)
“L’Association pour le Développement Intégré” ADI TERIMBERE, is a civil society organization established in 2002, legally operating in Rwanda and granted a legal personality No 92/RGB/NGO/2016 of April 04, 2016. ADI TERIMBERE vision is to achieve sustainable social-economic development of rural areas of Rwanda, and the mission is to motivate and facilitate rural development through professional agriculture, social transformation, and entrepreneurship, with gender equity and environment consideration as crosscutting issues. ADI TERIMBERE is based in Gaseke cell, Kabaya Sector, Ngororero district and it is currently operating in Nyabihu and Ngororero Districts of Western Province.
Under the financial support from NPA (Norwegian People’s Aid), ADI TERIMBERE is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of District Field Officer (DFO) to implement the PPIMA (Public Policy Information, Monitoring, and Advocacy) project in Nyabihu District.
Job title: DFO
Report to: ADI TERIMBERE Coordinator
Period to start: Immediately
Duty station: Nyabihu District
Type of contract: Closed contract / One-year renewable once
Hierarchical supervisor: ADI Coordinator
The District Field Officer with the supervision of the Coordinator of ADI TERIMBERE will have the responsibility to coordinate and manage the implementation and monitoring activities of the Public Policy Information Monitoring and Advocacy (PPIMA) project in Nyabihu District. She/he will be in charge of the Governance Focal Points (GFPs) in the operational sectors and act as a link with District authorities.
Major duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Coordinator of ADI TERIMBERE, the tasks of The PPIMA project Field Officer will include:
- Act as responsible focal person for all matters relating to PPIMA project in operational sectors of Nyabihu District;
- Take the lead in following up community animator volunteers known as GFPs (Governance Focal Points) and coaching them in their respective sectors;
- Assist Governance Focal Points (GFPs) in identifying and developing work plans in relation to their priority areas where there is a need to monitor;
- Assist GFPs, organize feedback meetings with local government officials, public dialogues focus group discussions within the community concerning their raised priorities and issues through community scorecard process;
- Assist GFPs in writing of good and comprehensive reports in relation to their findings;
- Facilitate and coordinate monitoring of pro-poor policies and service delivery activities at community, sector, and district level;
- Interact and facilitate communication between GFPs and local authorities, local development actors i.e. CSOs, Abunzi, Incuti z’Umuryango, local councilors, and other stakeholders at the district, sector, and cell level;
- Facilitate community participation in promoting local accountability and better service delivery at the sector and district level;
- Generate data and information from the Community Score Cards process to be used for advocacy at the local and national levels;
- Participate in a different policy and budgeting events at the local and national level;
- Produce monthly, quarterly progress report and annual report to be submitted to the organization;
- Strong and personal ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Perform any other work or duty as may be assigned by the Coordinator;
- Being able to work and stay in the project location i.e. Nyabihu district
Qualifications, skills, and core competencies:
- Rwandan Nationality;
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in Public Administration, Political science, Project Management, development studies, Rural development and Agri-business, Education or other related fields in social sciences;
- Proven experience in community development work like; training and onsite mentoring and coaching of community volunteer groups, monitoring, and evaluation;
- Experience and knowledge of how government authorities operate at the decentralized level;
- Having worked with vulnerable groups is an added advantage;
- Should have in-depth knowledge and familiarity with Rwanda’s national laws, policies, legal frameworks, and government structures related to governance, justice, planning, and budgeting;
- Broad knowledge of development processes and current political trends;
- Strong strategic planning and facilitation skills;
- Experience in facilitating community dialogue;
- Must demonstrate a high level of integrity, good interpersonal and social collaboration; Experience working in coalition with others is crucial;
- Prior experience working closely with Civil Society Organizations;
- Prior experience of managing multi-stakeholders’ projects related to governance and human rights is an added advantage. Practical knowledge and experience of social accountability tools such as community scorecard is a plus.
- Understanding and respect for gender equality and Human Rights-based principles and approaches;
- Strategic thinker, a good leader, organizer, and manager;
- Willingness, ability, and commitment to live and work full-time in rural communities;
- Must be result-oriented, with strong analytical, self-management, organization, and decision-making skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda, French will be an added advantage;
- Computer literate (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, internet explorer, and accounting package);
- Having a driving license category, A is a priority.
How to apply:
All interested and suitable candidates are invited to submit their application (soft copies only), including a motivation letter written in English, detailed CV, copies of degrees, and three references to ADI TERIMBERE Legal Representative on E-mail: [email protected]
The deadline for applications is Thursday 1st October 2020 at 05.00 pm.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written and oral tests which will be done on 05/10/2020 at 9:00 am at ADI Office -Kabaya. Successful candidates will be expected to start work immediately.
- Given equal competence and high commitment to gender equality, Rwandan and Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Application documents will not be returned.
- Any application received after the indicated deadline will not be considered.
Done at Kabaya on 25/08/2020
MUNYARUKIKO Aloys (sé)
Legal Representative of ADI TERIMBERE.