4 Positions of District Health Data Analysts at IntraHealth: (Deadline 18 October 2020)
Job Opportunity: District Health Data Analysts (4)
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child, and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity is building upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi aims to improve the availability, quality, and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability. The Activity works with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to build on the country’s considerable achievements, guided by national health strategies, goals, objectives, and data.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
IntraHealth seeks four (4) district health data analysts for the USAID Ingobyi Activity who will be responsible for promoting culture among DHMTs and health facilities to review and interpret their own routine data and use the evidence to prioritize, plan and implement interventions aimed at improving RMNCH and malaria outcomes in the supported districts. One District Health Data Analyst will be based in each of the following 4 districts – Kigali, Rubavu, Nyanza, and Rwamagana, serving at least 5 districts per catchment area.
- Conduct supportive supervision on data quality and use for quality improvement at hospitals and health centers to improve data quality assurance and data use in Ingobyi supported health facilities. This will also include remote support to help health facilities identify and correct data quality issues in the HMIS.
- Provide technical assistance to hospital data managers to analyze key health data and prepare engaging data review presentations for quarterly district coordination at hospitals and for DHMT meetings.
- Facilitate routine presentation of HMIS health indicator trends to Ingobyi zonal technical teams aimed at guiding interventions to improve the quality of RMNCH and Malaria Services.
- Work with districts to annually select a list of key RMNCH indicators that will be tracked and reviewed by DHMTs during quarterly meetings and to determine their baselines and set annual targets.
- Share national-level data with DHMTs using a color-coded scorecard showing comparison in the performance against priority RMNCH indicators between districts in order to foster/motivate data-driven actions.
- Ensure that districts and facilities have the capacity to generate, interpret, and utilize DHIS-2 data dashboards to identify performance gaps, perform root cause analyses, and develop evidence-based action plans aimed at addressing the gaps.
- Support districts and facilities to compile data from different systems, including death audits, accreditation assessments, ISS/DQA, mentoring reports, and PBF evaluations in order to make integrated action plans that include gaps identified through all these parallel systems.
- Contribute to periodic reporting through the facilitation of all data collection and compilation efforts in their respective zone for program indicators not reported through DHIS-2.
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor or the MEL team.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, epidemiology, statistics, demographics, social sciences or related field
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience in monitoring and implementing programs in the development field, preferably health (reproductive, maternal, newborn, child health, and malaria)
- Experience and working relationship with DHMTs and health facility level staff
- Experience with USAID reporting regulations and requirements highly preferred
- Conversant with DHIS2 functionalities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Proficiency in statistical databases (SPSS, EPI-info) and other software packages with strong data analysis and data management skills.
- Experience using geospatial analysis software (ArcGIS) a plus
Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes, and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources, and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Risk Management: Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization’s exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Innovation: Develops new, better, or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions, or initiatives within the assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’s performance and meeting objectives, results, and global commitments.
Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research, and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
Service Excellence: Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes, and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
How to apply: Please, apply before October 18, 2020, via the link below:
Learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers