AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) Rwanda
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) Rwanda
Driver at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) Rwanda: (Deadline 4 September 2020)
In this role, a driver contributes to AHF’s mission by ensuring safe transportation of AHF-Rwanda staff and cargo, keeping vehicles in clean and good mechanical condition, ensure correct and efficient implementation of Fleet Policy for AHF-Rwanda and ensuring all relevant documentation and emergency tools kit for the vehicle is in place, which is essential for the whole program. Adapting to various situations with ease and flexibility is important. Each role within AHF is essential and we consider each one to be collaborative rather than exclusive.
A driver adds consistent value to the team by collaborating with the entire team to help improve and develop policy and procedures that not only ensures the success of the organization but also enhances the care provided to our clients.
We at AIDS Healthcare Foundation believe that everyone is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training, and all other conditions of employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the mechanical/technical state of the car assigned.
- Do daily/weekly checks on the car assign?
- Reports damage, problems, and tears to the Administrative assistant
- Immediately solves basic mechanical problems.
- Keeps the vehicle clean.
- Maintain travel logbooks updated and available in all cars.
- Following up with approved workshop/garages and check on the quality of work done of service A, B, and C following the AHF-Rwanda Logbook. Inform the Administrative Assistant of the need for different services.
- Ensure availability of stock of spares and lubricants, needed to repair minor breakdowns.
- Ensure the fuel tank is always maintained at 2/3 full and in vehicles with 2 tanks at least one full.
- Register quantity/km. each time refueling is done in the vehicle logbook.
- Checks the fuel level in vehicles before and after refueling.
- He/she is responsible of being aware of the administrative maintenance of the cars: registration, insurance, fuel cards, logbooks, and the equipment and papers that should be in each car. Inform the Transport & Fleet Management Assistant about the state of these issues.
- Responsible for vehicle inventory of tools.
- Ensure driving licence validity and right class to drive assigned vehicle.
- Turn the mile counter to “0000” before departure & destination back to base.
- Be sure that the minimum equipment required is inside the car and is in proper condition.
- Fire extinguisher.
- Spare tyre and a tool kit in good order.
- Drinking water.
- A folder with required documents (Insurance, driving permit, logbook)
- Hand torch with spare batteries.
- Ensure all the passengers are using the safety belt. It is obligatory.
- Respect the speed limits-50 km/h in town; 90km/h on roads; on secondary roads: 40 km/h on poor surfaces; 70 km/h on good surfaces.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Possession of Secondary certificate (A2) Certificate in vehicle mechanics, or linguistic, with a valid driving permit category B & D
- Five years driving experience with a reputable organization.
- Good knowledge of mechanics.
- Good knowledge of driving techniques.
- Initiative, organization, tidiness, and courtesy.
- Able to speak and write English and/or French
- Ability to add and subtract, as well as multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
How to apply
Submission of applications – to include 1 page Cover letter, an updated CV and names, title, and contacts of three professional referees – should be submitted via email to [email protected] with the country RWANDA and position applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is 04th September 2020 at 23:45hrs.