Driver AT GIZ Rwanda : ( Deadline : 18 October 2019 )
Vacancy for a DRIVER in the Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development Program (DSSD)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The project “Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development”(DSSD) will advise Rwandan institutions on the implementation of the Smart Rwanda Master Plan (2016-2020) and its priority projects. The project aims at promoting the development of digital solutions in collaboration with sector ministries, local and international private companies, research institutions and civil society. The development of those pioneering solutions will be supported and managed by a dynamic team of experts based in the newly created Digital Transformation Center (DigiCenter) – a project unit of DSSD.
The DigiCenter will be a space dedicated at delivering impact-driven digital solutions, developing the capacities of the local innovation ecosystem, and replicating / scaling-up digital solutions at regional and continental level. The support offered by the DigiCenter could for instance cover technical advice for the improvement of public-facing services like websites or applications, the introduction of agile and user-centered development process, or the building and provision of a network of partners. In parallel, the institutional and capacity development of MINICT (Ministry of Information Communication Technology and Innovation), RISA (Rwanda Information Society Authority) and other partners will be supported through intensive capacity building, organizational development, business process optimization, and expert advice.
GIZ Rwanda is currently looking for a DRIVER integrated in the DigiCenter and the Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development Program (DSSD).
- safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles
- regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles
- taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes, and locations
- running official errands and
- assisting with other office work
The driver performs the following tasks:
- provides passenger transport in an official car for office, project or programme staff, official visitors and guests
- runs errands for the project, programme or office, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies
- helps with transporting goods
- completes the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards
Service, the driver
- cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly
- checks oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery levels, and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents etc.
- is responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance
- calculates monthly petrol, oil and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting
- reports need for service and carries out minor repairs
- immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings
Other duties/additional tasks, the driver
- assists other colleagues as needed in the project, programme or office if there is no travel pending, carries out other office work on request
C.Required qualifications, competences and experience
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- secondary school education
- holds a valid driver’s license
- at least 1-3 years’ work experience as a driver with references
- no major accidents in the past 3 years
- good knowledge of the English language
- resilience and patience
- familiarity with Kigali
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates and references) until 18th October 2019 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to [email protected]
The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
Women and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to submit applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ Office Rwanda reserves all rights!!