Right To Play Rwanda
Right To Play Rwanda
Driver at Right To Play Rwanda: (Deadline 15 August 2020)
Right To Play is a global organization that protects, educates, and empowers children using all forms of play – games, sport, poetry, performance, dance, art, and music. We work with children in some of the most difficult and dangerous places on earth, empowering children with the knowledge and skills to drive change in their lives, their families, and their communities. In 2019, Right To Play transformed the lives of 2.35 million children in 15 countries around the world, working in collaboration with teachers, governments, communities, and parents.
Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
The Rwanda country office is currently searching for a qualified and self-driven candidate to join a team of professionals in Rwanda as Driver
II. JOB SUMMARY:
The Driver reports directly to the Logistics Coordinator. The main responsibility of the Driver is to provide transport services for passengers as required ensuring that safety regulations are adhered to by himself (the driver) and all his passengers at all times.
III. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job Responsibility #1: Driving and vehicle maintenance (95% of Time)
- Provide driving services to staff and other passengers between locations as scheduled by the supervisor
- Conduct daily checks of the assigned vehicle for proper levels of fuel, engine oil, engine coolant, tire pressure, brake fluid, etc
- Maintains a mileage log book and schedules regular maintenance service with approval from the supervisor.
- Keeps all vehicle documents including vehicle registration, insurance, road tax, parking fees, road licenses, and others, updated at all times.
- Stocks essential vehicle supplies such as first aid kit and necessary spare parts ready at all times.
- Undertakes errands to and/or from vendors, suppliers, and banks as requested by the supervisor.
- Reports incidents and necessary repairs to supervisors and authorities according to existing operating procedures.
Job Responsibility #2: Performs other duties as assigned. (5% of Time)
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (must have):
- High school certificate or vocational school diploma
- A valid driving license
- At least 2 years’ experience as a driver (carrying passengers) for a recognized organization
- Understands and performs safe driving techniques.
- Skilled in car maintenance and minor repair.
- Able to drive for long periods of time.
- Understands the Highway Code and road rules of the country.
- Good oral communication skills
V. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Asset to have):
- First Aid training
- English language proficiency
- Previous experience working in an international organization
- Drivers school training
- Advanced auto repair skills
- Advanced knowledge of security procedures in the country
VI. COMPETENCIES/PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to follow a pre-set schedule and create a plan to reach the required destination on time.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work as part of a team and is flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to work under pressure
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
Employment Start Date: Immediately
Contract Duration: One-year contract renewable based on performance and availability of funds.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and kindly include “Driver” and your name in the subject line. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Right To Play is a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com.