Save the Children
Save the Children
Emergency Response Field Manager at Save the Children: (Deadline 17 September 2020)
Emergency Response Field Manager
About the Role:
The Emergency Response Field Manager shall be Responsible for leadership program management, representation, and coordination of functional activities at the field office. S/He is also responsible for the preparation, coordination, and submission of quality and timely reporting. Ensuring activities are completed as per plans and donor requirements while providing advice on overall program strategies and mechanisms in Kirehe. Additionally, line management of Kirehe field office staff.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree or Master Degree level in Social Sciences;
- University degree and 3-5 years of relevant area work experience or equivalent;
- At least 4 years/substantial experience working in a humanitarian context.
- Proven project management experience, and managing complex multi-sectoral programs;
- Representational, political awareness, and advocacy skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision from line manager.
- Experience of working with international partners in a multi-cultural environment
- Substantial people and programme management experience with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Experience in grant management, including budget holding and donor reporting, is essential.
- Ability to produce high-quality reports.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and computer literate.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to speak other international languages and French in particular
Contract type: Open-ended contract (subject to funds availability)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero-tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net/careers/details?jid=51996
The deadline for receiving applications is September 17th, 2020.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*