MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE
MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE
Energy Sector Wide Approach (ESWAP) Coordinator at MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE: (Deadline 3 August 2020)
The ESWAP Coordinator shall support the Chair and Co
– Chair to carry out the SWG responsibilities as outlined in the SWG ToRs issued by MINECOFIN as summarized below:
•Prepare a bi
– annual backward and forward
– looking Joint Sector Review (JSR) progress reports on the status of Sector Strategy implementation. These reports should be shared with SWG members
•Prepare Joint Sector Review meetings in coordination with the Lead Donor (co
– including budget execution report Ensure relevant government institutions, civil society organizations and private sector are invited to participate in the SWG or TWG
•Ensure effective dialogue within the sector
•Prepare and update the Sector Strategic Plan and present to SWG for validation
•Develop, operationalize and update the Sector Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework and present it to SWG for validation
•Develop and update the Sector log frame and present it to SWG for validation
•Communicate all relevant information concerning the SWG to members; this may include strategic documents, reports, meeting agenda and schedules.
•Establish technical sub
– groups wherever necessary and appropriate.
•.Mobilization of resources for the sector in line to Rwanda Aid Policy
•Assign to members institutions of the SWG any other relevant work as deemed necessary and appropriate
The ESWAP Coordinator shall head and manage the ESWG Secretariat and shall ensure that the following specific activities are fulfilled;
•Developing agendas for the SWG meetings;
•Recording minutes of meeting;
•Ensuring monitoring and follow
– up of decisions taken in the meetings;
•Ensuring coordination and coherence within the SWG and the Sector;
•Coordination of the Sector activities and providing updates on progress
•Collecting and regular updates of sector performance data and information;
•Preparing the Joint Sector Reports and updating of the Sector EDPRS Matrix and M&E framework
•Circulating/publishing information to all SWG members through their e
– mail or web site
•Managing logistics for the SWG
•Work closely with planners and budget officers from Ministries/agencies and technical officers from member institutions of Development Partners, Private Sector and Civil Society
1. Master’s degree level in a relevant field (Engineering, Economics, MBA, Energy management, Energy Economics, Energy related studies, Masters in Science and experience related to this position is an added advantage.)
2. Strong skills in coordination and management of complex programs and processes
3. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate the exchange of relevant information between stakeholders.
4. Operational experience in technical assistance and policy/regulatory requirements in the energy sector
5. Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience.
6. Work experience with in the Energy sector and for development partners is an added advantage,
7. Prior experience with sector
– wide approach (SWAp) frameworks and processes, highly desirable.
8. Fluency in oral and written English.