Excavator Operator at at Ngali Mining: (Deadline 14 October 2020)
1. BACKGROUND INFORMATION
The mining sector is a significant contributor to economic growth in Rwanda. It has considerable potential to help reduce poverty and accelerate human development, through increasing government and community revenues, generating employment, and providing physical and human infrastructure.
It is in this framework that NML needs qualified and experienced personnel in the field of open pit/alluvial and underground mining of minerals
Ngali Mining Limited is a Private Limited Company registered in November 2015 under the Rwandan law, fully owned by NGALI Holdings and the latter being a public-owned enterprise. NML was created for investment purposes and improving the Mining service delivery basing on best practices internationally accepted. One of NML missions is to provide mineral exploration, evaluation, and exploitation/mining services in the whole country and beyond. Since 2015, NML undertook various geoscientific surveys and helped delineate and map mining prospects. NML has a broad range of expertise in geology, geophysical methods of exploration, and geochemical analysis of samples. It owns different concessions/licenses for exploration and mining of gold and gemstones (amethyst, sapphire, etc…)
2. EXPECTED OUTCOMES AND DELIVERABLES
Overall Job Description.
Operate the excavator machine in a safe and appropriate manner. Selecting, fitting, and removing attachments such as buckets, scoops, shovel blades, rock breaking hammers, winches, and blades Specific and reporting the need for the machine service and repair.
The duration of the assignment is for a year fixed contract which may be renewed depending on the project need.
3. DUTY STATION
The duty station for this job is on mine sites and at Kigali during reporting on a need basis. The field works are on different sites.
- perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Preparing and positioning plant for operation on site.
- Operate the machine and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Selecting, fitting, and removing attachments such as buckets, scoops, shovel blades, rock breaking hammers, winches, and blades.
- Work with ground personnel.
- Operating controls to excavate, break, drill, level, compact, gouge out, move, load, and spread the earth, rock, rubble, soil, and other materials.
- Working from drawings, markers, and verbal instructions.
- Servicing, lubricating, cleaning and refueling plant and performing minor adjustments and repairs.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience operating an Excavator.
- Full Drivers License for excavator
- Knowledge of Excavator and other heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of road construction materials, road construction processes if working on road construction
- Knowledge of residential construction processes if working on residential sites
- Strong Communication skills
- Excellent hand, eye, and foot coordination
- Attention to detail
4. ACADEMIC REQUIREMENT
- The candidate should hold at least a minimum of A’LEVEL CERTIFICATE
5. EVALUATION CRITERIA
The evaluation criteria of the candidate will be based on the information provided in the CV and the relevant documents submitted as evidence to support the possession of the above-required criteria.
6. SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
- Letter of interest and availability specifying the available date to start and other details;
- Three (3) most recent references ( institution or individual)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Queries about this job advertisement can be directed to the Director of Corporate services ([email protected]).
The deadline to submit the applications, CVs, Qualifications documents, and other requested information is on 14th October 2020 at 4 pm.
All documents should be sent to [email protected]
Signed and approved by
Ngali Mining Ltd