Association des Guides du Rwanda (AGR)
Association des Guides du Rwanda (AGR)
Field Officer at Association des Guides du Rwanda (AGR): (Deadline 20 July 2020)
In partnership with ActionAid Rwanda, Faith Victory Association, under the funding of UK Aid, Association des Guides du Rwanda (AGR) is implementing a programme called “Speak Out”, a four-year (2018 – 2021) institutional donor-funded project in Rwanda, focusing on Violence against Women and Girls (VAWG) and Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR).
It is in this regard that AGR is seeking a field officer to manage the implementation of this programme in the districts of Nyanza and Karongi. The successful candidates will be directly responsible for the efficient and effective day-to-day execution of the project in the districts assigned (2), ensuring that it is delivered to plan and achieves its outcomes.
Position title: Field Officer
Location: in one of the two areas of implementation assigned
Start date: Immediately
Salary: Commensurate to experience
Duration: One year renewable according to the Project duration
Duty Station: in two of the districts of Nyanza and Karongi
- Oversee the Speak Out programme implementation in the assigned districts (2)
- Ensure community outreach for community awareness and sensitization about the Programme
- Coordinate and ensure recruitment/replacement of qualified mentors for the facilitation of girls gathering sessions
- Coordinate and ensure the identification and selection of girls (beneficiaries), according to selection criteria and total target of the district
- Coordinate and ensure identification of Safe Spaces for girls gathering sessions
- Conduct training of mentors on the curriculum and reporting tools
- Ensure regular supportive supervision to mentors while conducting girls gathering sessions
- Prepare weekly work plans and reports to the Project Manager
- Keep records of the graduates and keep tracking relevant success stories about the programme impact
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system and archiving
- Prepare monthly and quarterly narrative and financial reports
- Ensure proper maintenance of the programme’s equipment and supplies
- Organize field visits appointments for Key Staff to the sectors and at the district
- Submit annual work plan to the district and sectors offices as well as monthly reports
- With the authorization of the Project Manager, represent the project where required
- Perform any other duties assigned by AGR
b. The desired individual will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Development, Psychology, Social Sciences, Education, Development Studies or related disciplines
- A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in the area of Social Sciences, child development or community mobilization
- Ability to work independently; willingness to work with the communities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish working relations with communities and colleagues;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Gender issues
- Previous experience with AGR (beneficiaries, volunteers, etc.) is an asset.
ii. Key competencies
- Proficiency in Kinyarwanda and good working knowledge of the English language. French is an added value.
- Have a passion for resolving girls’ issues
- Creativity, pro-activeness and hardworking, and flexibility to work for extra time including weekends.
- Have excellent communication skills and display sound values of integrity, solidarity, and commitment in his/her assignments
- Have excellent report writing skills and computer literacy (word, excel, internet, etc.)
- Ability to effect frequent fieldwork in sectors, cells and villages where home-based and Speak Out center program are run.
- Having a motorbike driving license is an advantage
iii. Application Procedures
Interested candidates should submit their motivation letter, CV, diploma, and other relevant documentation not later than 20 July 2020 at 5:00 pm at [email protected] or by submitting them at AGR National Centre located in Gikondo, at KG 39, No 34.
To ensure the safeguarding of our beneficiaries, AGR reserves the right to conduct criminal record checks and the collection of relevant references.
Female candidates with the above profile are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Done in Kigali on July 7, 2020