Finance and Administration Manager at ITM Africa: (Deadline 21 September 2020)
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Finance and Administration Manager to work in our office in Kigali, Rwanda.
As the Finance and Admin Manager, you will report to the Managing Director and under the authority of the Holding CFO, you will supervise all financial transactions in accordance with International Accounting Standards and incorporating internal policies in the Finance & Admin department in accordance with Rwandan laws and revenue regulations policies.
You will also assist the Managing Director in analyzing every day financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance on financial plans. As the F&A Manager, you will lead a team of 4 staff.
The goal is to enable the company to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
What you will do:
- Keep proper and accurate books of accounts in accordance with International Accounting Standards.
- Perform reconciliations with third parties in a timely manner;
- Manage client’s and supplier’s account (invoice entry, payments preparation);
- Conduct analytical reviews of accounting operations;
- Conduct, in collaboration with the administration assistant, inventory for the end of year financial statements;
- Manage the personnel account (payroll analysis);
- Produce periodicals financial statements monthly and annual,
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget,
- Report to management on variances from the established budget,
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Develop mechanism for monitoring and controlling budget utilization,
- Optimize payment orders in line with budget,
- Establish Cash Flow forecast,
- Assist in recovering Client’s debts and proceed with account reconciliation accordingly,
- Prepare and declare annual and monthly tax returns in a timely manner (CIT, PAYE, VAT, WHT, Pension and Maternity)
- Manage and facilitate controls for tax authorities and administrators,
- Insure compliance of all products and services offered by the company with the Tax laws, be it Rwanda Tax laws or International Tax laws.
- Manage cash, bank and internal transfers accounts under the Managing Director’s supervision and control;
- Monitoring of debt recovery with the Head office;
- Ensure bank reconciliation;
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company’s borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- Assist in determining the company’s proper capital structure
- Maintain banking relationships
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports;
- Ensure the weekly reporting of activities related to the sector;
- Ensure weekly reporting of delays of customer accounts, by sector and overall (auxiliary customer accounting system);
- Coordinate external audit with appointed Auditor and provide all necessary requirements,
- Coordinate internal audit and ensure compliance with the company set policies,
- Coordinate and control all audits from regulatory institutions.
Financial Analysis and Control
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company,
- Approve and control expenditures in line with the company expenses policy and procedures,
- Manage all fixed assets of the company and keep a proper asset register updated on monthly basis in line with the company fixed assets policy,
- Prepare all financial quotations to be included in business proposals and insure they are in line with the policies of the company,
- Provide Financial advice to the management and keep track of the market trends and changes which affects the business,
- Participate in costing activities and determination of product pricing,
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management,
- Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities,
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analysing results;
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management,
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management,
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints
- Oversee facilities services, maintenance activities and tradespersons
- Oversee other office activities (event planning, visitors, etc.)
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments
You will be the right fit if:
- You have Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Credit Management;
- You have an ACCA and/or CPA qualification;
- You have proven experience of at least 5 years in a Finance Management role;
- You are proficient in QuickBooks utilization;
- You have the following core skills: Integrity, Versatility, Synthetic mind, rigor, Team spirit, good interpersonal skills;
- You are pro-active and pragmatic and have good communication skills;
- You are proficient in office automation (Excel and Word);
- You can speak fluently English, French would be an added advantage.
The deadline for receiving applications is September 21st, 2020 at 12 noon*.
*Please note that we will only contact short-listed candidates.