Save the Children
Save the Children
Finance and Awards Director at Save the Children: (Deadline 11 September 2020)
About the Role:
Save the Children is seeking a Finance and Award Director for a USAID-funded school community partnerships education project, locally known as Mureke Dusome. The Finance and Award Director is responsible for the management of financial processes and per Save the Children and USAID standards. The Director will work with the country office finance and award management team to provide financial data analysis to the SMT and meet Save the Children and USAID reporting requirements. S/he will also provide audit support and provide capacity building to partner finance staff as needed in terms of financial management, systems, and procedures. This position will also provide dedicated USAID compliance support and proactive compliance monitoring for risk assurance and capacity building (especially with regard to local subgrantees).
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment within the finance department; knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations strongly preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in finance, business or management, or related degree in relevant field required, CPA or equivalent degree (CA, ACMA, ACCA) strongly recommended;
- Excellent understanding of business and financial planning including strategic modeling
- Excellent analytical skills – the ability to analyze complex financial data and design and produce effective management information.
- Good understanding of USAID Rules and Regulations
- Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Strong business acumen and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions
- Proven ability to prepare budgets and donor financial reports
- Excellent experience of computerized accounts packages (experience in Agresso accounting package desirable), Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and of general administration work
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment
- Ability to motivate staff and work collaboratively with colleagues, providing support and advice as necessary
- Written and verbal fluency in English and in Kinyarwanda
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values
Contract type: Fixed Term contract
Dimension: July 2021
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero-tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=200005AC&lang=en&%C2%A0src=SNS-10020
The deadline for receiving applications is September 11th, 2020.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*