Fred Hollows Foundation
Fred Hollows Foundation
Finance and Operations Coordinator at Fred Hollows Foundation: (Deadline 30 August 2020)
Key role within a world-renowned international development NGO based in Kigali, Rwanda
- Be a significant contributor to ending avoidable blindness
The Fred Hollows Foundation, an international NGO founded in 1992 has been a driving force in the development and implementation of blindness prevention programs in some of the poorest and most isolated regions in the world. Currently operating in over 25 countries throughout Africa, Asia, Australasia and Middle East. The Foundation is working to end avoidable blindness.
About the role
The Finance and Operations Coordinator will be accountable for general office and financial administration functions of the country office. The position is the coordination point between the global business operations team, the Hub technical support team and the local country team. He/ She will also be the first point of contact for internal and external guests and visitors to the office.
Key responsibilities & outcomes
- Implement appropriate financial policies and procedures for The Fred Hollows Foundation Rwanda(FHFR), aligning them to the FHF Finance Manual and local statutory regulations. Prepare and process requisitions for the country team and work with Hub finance team to ensure timely payment of invoices, manage petty cash, and attend the bank as required.
- Coordinate the development of the FHFR budgeting process, quarterly review performance to budgets, reliable forecasts to support the program objectives of FHFR and observe donor requirements.
- Oversee the use of financial management and donor reports and program data analysis to inform decisions on value for money and identify new strategies for remedy.
- Coordinate and oversee planned financial monitoring schedule and timely donor and statutory audits.
- Oversee the efficient running of the country office including (but not limited to); fire and health and safety compliance, coordination of procurement functions to ensure appropriate suppliers and vendors successfully fulfill the needs of FHF and partners through the provision of goods and services in line with FHF standards of governance and assisting with operational reports and updating of policies in line with FHF standards.
- Coordinate logistics, travel and accommodation for country team, visitors and meetings including, but not limited to, visas, medical and other travel documents for travellers leaving or entering the country. Ensure incident reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner. Manage vehicles, leases and repairs, car hire and drivers as required.
About You! To be successful in this role, we are seeking someone with the following experience and skills.
- At least 5 years working experience in a similar role within a recognized NGO.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- CPA(K) or ACCA certified.
- Experience dealing with an English-speaking head office and matrix reporting environment.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Grant management and donor funded reporting experience.
- Experience and expertise in working with partners.
- Sound knowledge of current legislation and regulatory requirements relevant to INGOs in Rwanda
- Good knowledge of procurement processes and internal control systems.
- Advance level skills in in computer usage-Excel, Word and E-mails systems.
Something extra to get our attention
- Experience in an international NGO environment or multinational corporation.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in cross cultural / mixed language environments.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to initiate tasks without supervision.
- Experience using SUN Systems.
- Flexible work arrangements – We will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
- Structured career development plans – Our performance and development framework enable you to work closely with your manager to plan, manage, and review your performance throughout the year.
- Leadership Development – We are committed to developing both our current and future leaders and offer a range of internal programs that have been designed to help you enhance your leadership skills.
How to apply and who to contact
Applications can be made by clicking apply, completing the online application form and attaching an up to date resume and letter of application.
To learn more about this position and life at The Fred Hollows Foundation please visit our Careers page
Applications Close: Sunday 30th August, 2020
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the appropriate right to work in the country where the job is located.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.