Finance Officer at Pact Rwanda: (Deadline 30 September 2020)
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance, and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance, and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact seeks a Finance Officer for the ACHIEVE Rwanda program. ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
The Finance Officer will support finance and accounting functions in the Country Office. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Grants, the Finance Officer will be responsible for reviewing invoices, preparing payments and entering transactions into the Pact accounting system. Additional responsibilities include maintaining departmental files to ensure proper documentation of all transactions. This position ensures good accounting practices within the project and will ensure compliance with US Government rules and regulations and Pact policies and procedures.
- Review all invoices that are received and preparing supporting documentation for payment.
- Review and manage outstanding payable and receivable balances, including employee advances.
- Enter payments into the online bank system, with appropriate vendor bank information
- Reconcile bank accounts as needed.
- Process cash advances to project staff.
- Entering transactions in Serenic software.
- Contributing to submission of monthly financial report.
- Ensure expenses are paid in respond of Pact procedures and GAAP.
- Assist with the processing of payroll as needed
- Filing of all the accounting documents
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA accounting, finance or economics or related field or an equivalent combination of relevant experience or training.
- 4 years of relevant experience, preferably with an international non-profit organization
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks while working independently
- High degree of professionalism and ability to treat confidential material with sensitivity.
- Strong analytical skills
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Excel and accounting software
- Prior experience working on programs in relevant areas such as USAID PEPFAR funded programs.
- Rwandese Nationals with English fluency highly encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
How to apply
- All applications with a motivation letter and CV shall be sent through the following email address: [email protected] not later than September 30, 2020, mentioning the position title as a subject to email.