Financial Specialists at PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE (PFTH): (Deadline 30 November 2020)
Pro-Femmes /Twese Hamwe (PFTH) is an Umbrella of Rwandan Civil Society Organizations aiming at the advancement of women’s status, peace, and development. It was established in October 1992, and currently represents 53 member organizations across the country. The mission of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe is to eradicate all forms of discrimination towards women, to promote their socio-economic-political and legal status, and to enhance the institutional and organizational capacities of its member organizations through the promotion of a sustainable human development approach based on gender equality and a culture of peace, justice, and human rights.
To achieve her mission of promoting the social-economic status of women in partnership with Initiatives for Peace and Human Rights (iPeace) with the financial support from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is implementing the project entitled “Empowering Women in Informal Cross-Border Trade in The Great Lakes Region (EWICBT)”.
The project activities will be implemented in Rwanda (Rubavu and Rusizi) and in DRC (Noth and South Kivu) borders with the aim to contribute to social-economic empowerment of women in cross border trade between DRC and Rwanda. This will be achieved by improving their business environment and increasing their income and their social-economic welfare. To accomplish this, the project is built on improving the legal and policy framework for WICBT, providing access to legal aid services to WICBT, strengthening their entrepreneurial and financial capacity, and increasing WICBT’s access to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR).
To strengthen the entrepreneurial and financial capacity of WICBTs, PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the positions of a financial specialist who will be based in the Kigali Head office and frequently travel to Rusizi and Rubavu districts.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the financial literacy and entrepreneurship component of the project as per project objectives and targets;
- Provide technical support in the operationalization of the entrepreneurship and financial literacy component of the project.
- Train Proximity Advisors, Peer-to-Peer mentors, and WICBT in areas of entrepreneurship development, financial literacy, and cooperative management;
- Ensure that the quality of capacity-building materials and delivery (training) for WICBT, project staff, and stakeholders effectively meet the expectations of the project.
- Play a leading role in the establishment of sustainable entrepreneurship and financial literacy capacity building model for WICBT in Rwanda
- Provide technical support in the process of designing the working framework of proximity advisors (PAs) with WICBT and other local stakeholders (financial institutions, local government authorities, NGOs, etc) who work with WICBT;
- Facilitate the process of engaging local financial institutions and business advisory service institutions to collaborate with WICBT in areas of entrepreneurship and access to finance, and ensure buy-in and support of project activities by all the related stakeholders;
- Provide technical support to the proximity advisors and project staff to facilitate access to finance and strengthen the micro business projects of WICBT;
- Interactively assess the training needs and other capacity gaps of Proximity Advisors and WICBT in Rwanda to update the training materials during the course of the project implementation;
- Provide quality assurance of studies conducted by implementing organizations, of training materials, data collection and reporting tools, and cooperative management tools during their development and implementation;
- Train proximity advisors (as ToTs) and identified peer-to-peer mentors on how to train and mentor cooperatives and local social advisors where these women live;
- Identify, review and share relevant best-practices from the project interventions that could be adapted by stakeholders (government, financial institutions, business advisory service agents, NGOs, and WICBT);
- Participate in the strategic meetings of the project and the steering committee of the project during the course of the project;
- Coaching and assistance to WICBT in business management and financial literacy,
- Coordinate Peer to peer learning and mentoring on financial management, entrepreneurship, financial literacy,
- Identification of existing financial products & schemes designed for women within financial institutions,
- Organize awareness-raising meetings about existing financial products and linking WICBT with local financial institutions,
- Support WICBT to initiate saving schemes with financial institutions and
- Participate in the end-line evaluation of the project.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least hold a bachelor’s degree in business, management, finance, economy, and other directly related to financial literacy and entrepreneurship.
- At least 5 years’ progressive work experience in the trade, business, financial management, entrepreneurship, and cooperatives management.
- Knowledge of gender equality, women’s empowerment, GBV prevention, and response
- Have experience in developing manuals, tools, facilitation of training, and work with teams.
- Strong experience and knowledge of civil society in Rwanda
- Fluent in English, French, and Kinyarwanda, knowledge of Swahili is an added advantage
- Excellent communicator orally and in writing
- Innovative self-driven and team player
- Interpersonal skills with experience of working in multicultural contexts
- Computer literate
Expression of interest and application
Interested candidates should send their application enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum vitae, academic documents, and other certificates to the Chairperson of PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE and delivered in hard copy to Pro-Femmes / Twese Hamwe’s office located next to Gahanga Sector Offices, Kicukiro district, City of Kigali or through email: [email protected] By 4:00 pm 30th November 2020. Late applications will be considered.
N.B: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Kigali, 19th November 2020.
Emma Marie Bugingo