Fundraising and Communications Consultant at Girl Effect: (Deadline 18 October 2020)
GIRL EFFECT TERMS OF REFERENCE
FUNDRAISING AND COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT
Who We Are
Girl Effect is a creative non-profit empowering girl to change their lives.
Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand, and international development; a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way. We work across the world in places where girls are marginalized and vulnerable. We create youth brands and mobile platforms for young people in ways that they love and interact with. We deliver these through the media and mobile tech that we use every day – from apps that build skills to TV dramas they explore virtual issues, to magazines written by girls.
In recent years, the funding portfolio of Girl Effect globally and locally has shifted away from being largely unrestricted to restricted funding. In Rwanda, we have had strong partnerships and funding relationships with UNICEF, the Mastercard Foundation, Care International Rwanda, and Gavi. It is a priority for Girl Effect Rwanda during this financial year to (re)define and implement a fundraising strategy that will further support and secure the sustainability of our programming – via Ni Nyampinga. The Fundraising and Communications consultant will work with the Partnerships and Business Development team – to support Girl Effect to define and deliver its fundraising strategy and overall programme. They will revise the current fundraising strategy and support the organization fundraising to help Ni Nyampinga maintain its national reach, deepen its impact with youth audiences and build towards a sustainable future.
Scope of work/ Description of Services
Girl Effect is looking for an experienced Fundraising and Communications consultant with experience in programme design and a strong track record of creating and securing funding for programmes.
The consultant will be required:
To be part of the Partnerships and Development team and will work very closely with the Country Director and the Deputy Country Director to ensure that the right fundraising opportunities are sought in Rwanda, at the regional level as well as internationally. To represent Girl Effect externally in high-level meetings aimed at raising funds, negotiations, etc.. ensuring Girl Effect work is understood and is aligned to potential funders programmers. The consultant shall;
- Review and execute the Girl Effect fundraising strategy and set KPI to ensure delivery of set objectives.
- Maintain and grow/develop new funding relationships to advance the goals of Girl Effect and its media platform, Ni Nyampinga.
- Lead on proposal writing and grant management which will include negotiating the final programme model and terms with partners and managing concept/proposal development as needed as per signed donor proposals or grants.
- Manage and chair the Peer to Peer Fund mob group to ensure a strategic and coordinated approach to Girl Effect’s representation and strategy.
- Evolve and manage Girl Effect/Ni Nyampinga’s reputation to maximize on opportunities to showcase the work and the impact.
- Oversee the strategy and implementation of Girl Effect’s communications with donors and partner organizations including press, events, speaker platforms, use of twitter, roundtables, meetings, direct communications, etc.
- Oversee the shaping and delivery of formal and creative events that showcase our work and also high-level visits including local and foreign dignitaries, donors, and international press.
- Oversee internal communications within Girl Effect Rwanda and with Girl Effect London to keep the organization informed on relevant news and developments coming out of Rwanda.
- Create collaterals include standard decks, briefs, capability statements, etc that Girl Effect staff can use in external meetings and as leave-behinds.
Skills and Experience
- An excellent writer with outstanding communication and outreach skills: a strong presenter who can achieve high-level buy-in and rally partners for support.
- A deep understanding of the donor, development sector within Rwanda and the region, and experience of corporate communications.
- Minimum of 7 years experience of raising and managing donor and partner funds
- Experience facilitating and drafting funding strategies, and writing proposals
- Experience setting up Gantt charts, and other similar processes and systems.
- Experience producing pitch decks and designing partnership lifecycles for multinationals and international development organizations.
- Experience of mapping the partnership potential in-country – identifying both potential revenue streams, as well as, partners who will deliver impact against the target audience.
- Proven ability to work to, and deliver against, key timelines and deadlines through prioritization.
- A collaborative team player able to work effectively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills, and backgrounds.
- A self-starter, dynamic with a high level of critical analysis and thinking skills, and passionate about the work of Girl Effect.
Interested individuals should provide their expression of interest outlining how their experience fits the ToR, a detailed CV, and a quotation for a monthly rate to [email protected] with “Fundraising and Communications Consultant” in the email subject heading by 18th October 2020. You may be required to undertake safeguarding checks. Shortlisted candidates will be assessed on our organizational values at the interview stage. The successful candidate will be expected to adhere to our safeguarding policy, the executive summary of which can be found at https://www.girleffect.org/safeguarding/.
We have zero-tolerance for all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries, and staff.