Head Coach and Mentor at JASIRI: (Deadline 5 September 2020)
Head Coach and Mentor
Allan & Gill Gray Philanthropy (AGGP) has embarked on a journey to develop responsible entrepreneurs across the African continent in service of the common good. Our vision is an empowered, prosperous, productively engaged African citizenry thriving in ethical societies with dignity and hope. AGGP aims to establish a series of entrepreneurial development interventions/programs throughout the African continent.
Jasiri, one of the programs, invests in, nurtures and empowers entrepreneurs who benefit society and attack poverty through the creation of High Impact new businesses creating new markets on the African continent. Jasiri offers a one year Talent Investor program for high potential individuals who display the exceptional entrepreneurial potential to form part of a community of high impact responsible entrepreneurs growing businesses from scratch. Participants are funded immediately and are guided through a process of team formation, idea generation, business validation, and market entry. We require a Head Coach and Mentor Manager to support this work.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The position is that of an experienced early-stage Business Coach and Mentor Manager.
In this role s/he will be responsible for managing Business Coaches defined as subject matter experts in the business with the responsibility of guiding aspiring entrepreneurs in all stages of their business formation. In addition, the Business Coach will create accountability mechanisms for the various teams of entrepreneurs by setting clear objectives, milestones, and deliverables and feedback loop mechanisms.
The ideal candidate will also work with Mentors, defined as experienced and trusted advisors who are deeply committed to the personal and professional development of individual entrepreneurs. The Mentors will build meaningful and trusting relationships with their mentees, rooted in the experience of their own entrepreneurial journeys.
The Head Coach and Mentor Manager should possess a strong understanding of the fundamentals of lean start-up theory, customer development, effectual thinking, and start-up management. Preferably has had experience coaching multiple businesses from early stage to market entry in an East African context. We are looking for a well-connected influencer, who can identify and recruit a wide variety of valuable mentors and advisors, connect them to founding teams and businesses, and provide guidance to both parties on how to get maximum value from the relationship.
- Effectively recruit mentors and coaches who will add value to the Jasiri Talent Investor program.
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with mentors and coaches.
- Conduct training needs assessments of coaches to inform the training plan.
- Effectively train coaches.
- Provide training and coaching to potential angel investors.
- Design, document, establish coaching, and mentoring methodology.
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes and systems to ensure quality outcomes from the coaching and mentoring process.
- Monitor, manage and report on coaching and mentoring efficacy.
- Experience with business strategies and coaching management systems such as Flitepath, Growthwheel, Mentorcloud, or similar will be valuable.
- Experience of coaching and/or coach development.
- Proven experience using coaching methodologies that are participatory while enhancing growth and constructive feedback.
- A Bachelor Degree in a relevant field such as Business Studies and/or Social studies.
- Coaching certification is a competitive advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Language & Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Preference will be given to candidates who can read, write, and speak English (compulsory), French, Kinyarwanda, Swahili.
- Technical: Detail Orientation & Reasoning: Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to communicate well. The ability to reason analytically and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects are required.
- Team: The ability to work independently and on a team is required.
- People: Strong ability to inspire, motivate and influence others.
- Other: Occasional out-of-town travel may be required to engage in professional development. The scope of the job may require some evening and weekend work to complete projects, participate in workshops, seminars, training, and professional development.
The deadline is Monday, October 5th