Head of Digital Banking & Alternative Channel at COGEBANQUE PLC: (Deadline 20 August 2020)
I. ABOUT US
Compagnie Générale de Banque Plc (COGEBANQUE Plc) is a commercial bank that is licensed and regulated by the National Bank of Rwanda (BNR). It was incorporated on July 17, 1999, and currently has 28 branches, over 600 agents, and 36 ATM Machines across the country so far.
Cogebanque Plc is proudly one of the leading indigenous banks with about 97% of its shareholders being Rwandese institutions and businessmen. Cogebanque Plc provides a comprehensive range of products and services targeted at Corporate, SMEs, and retail customers.
To create, maintain, and enhance shareholder value by providing unrivaled financial solutions to our customers.
To be a financial center of excel- lance and a leading provider of innovative financial solutions in Rwanda.
Excellence, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork, Flexibility, Open Communication, Accountability, and Customer orientation.
II. WHAT OPPORTUNITIES DO WE HAVE FOR YOU?
At Cogebanque we believe our Employees are the bridge to achieving our business development goals and creating sustainable social and economic change in our society. We make it our priority to ensure their growth and comfort while working with the Bank. Apart from organizing frequent trainings, career-building sessions, and team-building workshops for our Employees, we facilitate you to enjoy our wide range of services and products at favorable terms that ultimately could help you achieve your personal goals. In view of the above, Cogebanque Plc is looking externally & internally for inspired innovators, self-driven, and highly creative personalities to collaborate with the Bank in taking it to the next level of success. If you feel you have what it takes, we would like to hear from you by applying for the below position/s.
If the position described below speaks to you, send us your application (Application letter + detailed CV) via email at [email protected] by or before 20th August 2020 marking the subject as “The Job You Are Applying for”. i.e. “Head Of Digital Banking & Alternatives Channels
Job Title and requirements
Head of Digital Banking & Alternative Channels
Grade: Head of Department
Develop, implement and maintain Digital banking and alternative channels of the bank ensuring that plans are accurate and all resources, financial, manpower and sub-contracting, are allocated in a timely manner for successful implementation of the bank’s business plan.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Computing or related field
- At least 7 years’ Banking experience preferably in alternative channels
- At least 3 years’ management experience
- Good IT Knowledge
- Experience in managing and implementing projects and at a supervisory level.
General and Behavioral
Excellent relationship building and networking
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication
- High level of creativity and innovation
- Good planning and organization skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good problem solving and analysis
- Develop and execute Digital banking strategy that positions the Cogebanque Digital banking business in a leading stance in the marketplace.
- Deliver Digital Banking products to customers in the most efficient and cost-effective way using appropriate technology, whilst closing product gap versus competitors.
- Grow the market share and drive growth initiatives including payments and collections
- Identify and evaluate potential revenue opportunities in new and diverse markets.
- Review existing retail and corporate customer needs to provide digital banking solutions as appropriate.
- Acquire new clients, agencies, and business framework for digital business to deliver digital banking business targets.
- Originate proposals and recommendations to develop/structure Digital banking solutions to meet current and future needs of the Banks’ existing & prospective customers.
- Ensure the maintenance of operational efficiency and risk & control framework within the specialist support areas as per operational procedure guidelines.
Ensure a high level of utilization of E-Channels
- Developing, implementing, coordinating, and monitoring Digital Banking and alternative channel systems, programs, projects, and functions in accordance with the Bank’s strategy.
- Providing technical guidance to staff and reviewing compliance performance with departmental procedures in line with the Bank’s e-banking policy and departmental operating instructions.
- Carrying out staff performance appraisal, arbitration, and evaluation of performance need in accordance with department strategy and Human Resource policy.
- Carrying out functions of the department including administrative, budgeting, budget control, and writing periodic reports in line with policy guidelines and regulations.
- Reviewing and assessing system performance and technological trends for business process improvements in line with the Bank’s policies and procedures and the existing business plan
Developing business networks and strategic alliances in accordance with the bank’s strategy and existing business plan