HQ Peat Ltd
HQ Peat Ltd
Health Security and Environmental Officer at HQ Peat Ltd: (Deadline 7 August 2020)
The HQ PEAT Ltd is a project located at Mamba Sector in Gisagara District seeks to recruit qualified Health Security and Environmental Officer to support his peat mining activity project located in Mamba, Gisagara District/ Southern Province of Rwanda.
- ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION:
Must have a University Degree level or a Diploma certificate. Have a min of 4 years of HSE field operations.
2. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR HSE OFFICER:
- Assure that required management system are in place to protect health and safety of workers and to regular monitor the environmental compliance of the company
- Participate in workplace inspection and organize daily toolbox meetings
- Monitor HSEMS implementation as specified in HSE policy, HSE Manual, system procedures, code of practices (CoP), Standard Operation procedures (SOPs), ensure its compliance and give regular feedback to pet production Manager
- Manage and control PPE consignment stock and issuing of PPE to workers. Implement PPE procedures.
- Act in an advisory role to line and senior management on the HSE Manager
- Ensure the compliance of HSE legal and other requirements related to the area of responsibility
- Arrange and provide HSE training to employees and contractors
- Maintaining the records related to the HSE management system and report to the management
- Identify operation trends, provides analysis of root causes, and implements corrective actions to provide continuous improvement to the operations.
- Take on the right initiative to ensure problem will be solved in timely, cost-efficient and sustainable manner, to avoid reoccurrence
- Conduct daily and monthly HSE Meetings/trainings and schedules and procedures
- Perform facility HSE inspections
- Perform any other related duties as required.
- Proven professional experience of at least 4- 5 years machine operation (field operation services)
- Ability to read and understand HSE directives and have knowledge of Rwandan Environmental Guidelines to a mining operation.
- Good communication skills.
- Can translate English procedures into a local dialect.
- Attention to details
- Teamwork’s spirt
- English communication skills (Speaking, reading, and writing)
- Good health and strength (medical certificate of authorised Doctor should be submitted to the Employer for selected candidates)
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FILE AND PROCEDURES
Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications including application letter addressed to the General Manager of HQ peat project, ID copy, Copy of machine driving license , copy of academic qualification record, copy of previous similar employment certificates to the following email addresses:
Only electronic applications should be accepted on the above-mentioned email addresses.
The deadline of application is fixed at 7thth August 2020 at 0:00 am, applications submitted after the above date and time will not be considered
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to undergo an interview and practicable test.
HQ PEAT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Management of HQ Peat