Concern Worldwide Rwan
Concern Worldwide Rwan
ICT& Procurement Support Officer at Concern Worldwide Rwanda: (Deadline 8 June 2020)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The ICT and Procurement support officer will be responsible for Information and communications technology (ICT) support and management as well as information security and data protection. S/he will be responsible to proactively provide timely ICT support to Concern Worldwide Rwanda (CWR) staff and periodically monitor existing ICT infrastructure, address urgent technical issues and recommend long-term measures to improve the ICT environment in concern offices.
On the other side, s/he will be responsible for effective delivery of procurement services in order to obtain the best value for money, through a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in accordance with systems and procurement policies of the organisation. Honesty, openness, confidentiality, and integrity are highly valuable and essential traits.
- Troubleshot and proactively identify ICT problems and/or address reported IT issues and take corrective action as appropriate.
- Help, advice and induct new and existing users in understanding and complying with the ICT policies and gather feedback from end-users on existing ICT policies and propose any changes/update including roll –out on CW’s ICT User Regulations where necessary
- Coordinate and facilitate ICT training programmes for CWR staff as appropriate.
- Provide technical support for the use of organizational system software such as Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics, Grant Management System (GMS) including installation, configuration, back up, etc.
- In consultation with the Regional ICT Advisor, ensure that all CWR computers are encrypted.
- Implement and support communications infrastructure –Internet, Intranet, email, PABXs, etc.
- Implement, monitor, and support backup and data recovery ensuring offsite backups are taken at least once a week.
- Manage the email client software [Outlook] to ensure the smooth functioning of email service.
- Implement and support ICT systems and network installations in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Routinely check-up server functionality through monitoring, storage space, and general health of the servers to ensure maximum useful lifetime.
- Protect the server and data (data security, virus scanning as per CW ICT policies and guidelines) as part of the preventive maintenance routine.
- Maintain log for servers, network, and general ICT problems.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- University degree in IT (or equivalent qualification from a technical institution or substantial working experience in a domain)
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a busy computerized environment involving upgrades, troubleshooting, testing and maintenance of PCs and network administration
- 2 years of progressive work experience in procurement or related field
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE/HAVE:
- Knowledge of PC, network architecture and cabling systems
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc., essential
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to deliver training programmes
- Good language skills in both French, English and Kinyarwanda
- Knowledge of Windows 2008/12/2016 server environment, Windows 10, Windows office 365
- Knowledge of Server virtualization
- Knowledge of procurement policies, process, and procedures
- Knowledge of financial regulations and procedures
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Honesty, openness, confidentiality, and integrity are highly valuable and essential traits
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team
- Knowledge of Generators, UPS, electrics, inverters, and Solar Power
- Good organization, planning, and management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work long hours, weekends and overnight in fields
Note to applicants:
Concern offers a competitive compensation and a good benefits package including but not limited to: Medical insurance, 26 weeks paid maternity leave, 24 weeks paid maternity leave to adopt mother under Concern employment; 10 days paid paternity leave following the birth or adoption of a child; one hour for breastfeeding up to the first birthday. Concern pays also statutory contribution for their employees.
Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy, and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Please complete the Application form available in Kigali and Huye Concern offices or request form via the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org; donna.ajamboakaliza@Concern.net and send it before or by 5:00 pm on 8th July 2020 to the following addresses: Seventh-Day Adventist Building, KN 4 Ave 65, Plot no 962, Ground, Kiyovu Kigali and CWR Huye office located at Kabutare village, Butare cell, Ngoma sector, Huye district.
Only candidates meeting the above criteria will be shortlisted for an interview. Online applications will not be considered.
CONCERN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY