MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING
MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING
IPSAS Financial Management Specialist in charge of policy development, capacity IPSAS Financial Management Specialist Asset Management AT MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING : ( Deadline : 17 October 2019 )
• Providing advice on the overall reform issues as they relate to the Government of Rwanda public financial management (PFM) in general and in particular those reforms under the IPSAS project;
• Support technical working groups to conduct analysis for designated work streams and come up with proposed conclusions/ solutions/ decisions on the way forward.
• Assist in the preparation of data collection instructions and in the monitoring of the data collection process.
• Coordinating, managing and monitoring the training/capacity building activities directly associated with the accrual
– based IPSAS implementation and ensuring coordination with the overall PFM training/capacity building activities. He or she shall be responsible for developing/updating the training plans for the IPSAS program;
• Towards the implementation of all IPSAS communication/sensitization strategies as well as the development, maintenance and distribution of IPSAS communication materials;
• Provide technical support for the transition in the GoR to effectively implement the accrual basis IPSAS. Developing and/or updating a Change Management Plan, implementing the Plan and monitoring and assessing the change management processes;
• Managing the help desk and ensuring the timely resolution of IPSAS application
– related issues logged by the entities;
• Coordinating the development and /or revision of all requisite policy, regulations, guidelines, IPSAS standards and procedural documentation (Includes legislative as well as accounting/financial manuals and instructions); This will also involve performing conceptual analyses for the work stream(s) concerned: components evaluation, definition of the new accounting policies, the new format of financial statements, the new chart of accounts, definition of IPSAS requirements, identification of data gaps and help in the determination of data sourcing solutions;
• Assist in the preparation of data collection instructions and in the monitoring of the data collection process;
• Perform the internal quality assurance role of ensuring the effective implementation of the IPSAS program so that it is delivered within the prescribed time, cost and quality/performance constraints;
• Provide ad hoc assistance to the preparation of the IPSAS financial statements in line with the IPSAS implementation plan.
• Assist in overseeing planned activities for ensuring the effective implementation of the IPSAS program;
• Assist in ensuring the attainment of performance indicators agreed under the IPSAS program;
• Assist the IPSAS Project Coordinator in ensuring that all deliverables/documentation expected from external consultants (contractors) are delivered accordingly including establishing criteria to be applied to review and evaluate all such deliverables/documents;
• Throughout the duration of the Project, assisting the IPSAS Project Coordinator to identify risks to the Project and the formulation of strategies to manage such risks; and
• Carrying out any such other duties that will be assigned by the Accountant General or Deputy Accountant General in charge of Accounting and Reporting or the IPSAS Project Coordinator in line with the improvement of financial management for the Government of Rwanda;
• At least a Master’s degree level in Finance, Accounting; professional qualification as ACCA, CPA will be an added advantage with 3 years relevant working experience in financial management activities and public sector activities such as preparation of accounts, design and implementation of financial management policies, procedures; accounting standards such as IPSAS; IFRSs; ISAs and financial management information systems Or a Bachelors degree in the same areas with 5years relevant working experience as above
• Dynamic and proactive individual with the ability to produce technical work plans and monitor performance against them.
• Strong track record in performance management is vital (setting targets, monitoring delivery, planning);
• A sound, operating knowledge of computers is essential.