MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING
MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING
IPSAS Program Manager AT MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING : ( Deadline : 17 October 2019 )
Ensure effective coordination of resources and activities pertaining to the IPSAS implementation program;
• Developing the IPSAS project plans and budget and obtain approval of same;
• Monitoring and reporting on the IPSAS project progress;
– up and ensure resolution of IPSAS implementation and support issues;
• Establishing priorities for critical project tasks;
• Monitoring and supervising day to day IPSAS project operations, including contract management;
• Identifying risks and implementing strategies to manage them;
• Ensuring timely escalation and resolution of issues;
• Preparing for and coordinating regular team status meetings; and reviews;
• Providing appropriate documentation and information to assist the Business Owner (the Accountant General) and the Head of the IPSAS technical working group (Deputy Accountant General – Public Accounting and Reporting), to make timely and informed decisions concerning the IPSAS Project.
• Assist the Business Owner and Head of the IPSAS technical working group in the preparation of IPSAS implementation Progress and other Reports as the need may be;
• Report appropriately to the IPSAS governance structures;
• Ensuring that the IPSAS project utilizes ‘best practice’ in large
– scale project management, including quality management principles;
• Ensure the proper alignment of the IPSAS implementation with other PFM reforms (e.g. IFMIS) under implementation;
• Create a culture of ownership of the IPSAS implementation initiatives by the respective public entities;
• Provide advice and support to the Office of the Accountant General and the IFMIS Project Team manage the development and implementation of the IFMIS in order to facilitate the effective implementation of the accrual IPSAS requirements;
• Provide technical support to the departments/units under the Office of the Accountant General (IFMIS Unit, Treasury Unit, Public Accounts Unit, and the Government Business Portfolio Unit) to the implementation of the various PFM reforms and in particular those reforms within the context of the IPSAS implementation;
• Advise and assist in the development of appropriate Accounting Policies, bases and procedures and regulations for this process and other training material as required in view of the transition to accrual IPSAS; This shall involve providing technical support in conducting a gap analysis between GOR accounting policies and practices and the accrual IPSAS with recommended actions and their implementation timelines;
• Assist in implementing appropriate financial information reporting systems and formats which are consistent with the accrual basis IPSAS requirements;
• Assist in implementing improvements to the budget preparation including updated formats for the budget preparation in the context of achieving full compliance with the accrual basis IPSAS requirements;
• Provide technical support in the design and implementation of a framework for supervising, monitoring and evaluating extensive training programs for accountants and auditors throughout Government in order to cope with the demands and challenges of implementing the accrual basis IPSAS requirements;
• Advise and assist in development of appropriate legal and regulatory framework (financial procedures and regulations) required as a result of implementing the IPSAS program’
• Providing briefing to and documenting outcomes of routine IPSAS project monitoring missions and assist in mobilizing support of the development partners for the IPSAS Project;
• Carry out any such other duties as may be assigned by the Accountant General in line with the improvement of the financial management for the Government of Rwanda.
• At least a Masters degree in Accounting, Finance, Business administration or Economics with 8 years’ experience in the area of public financial management, including experience with PFM reform processes at a senior level either with Government or large public sector organizations Or Bachelors degree in the same areas with 10 years experience as above
• Expertise in public financial management;
• Membership to a professional accountancy body, which is a full member of the International Federation of Accountants [IFAC]. Having a Public Sector qualification such as CIPFA will provide further advantage.
• A proven track record of successful management of implementation of systems and standards in Public sector will be highly regarded.
• At least 10 years’ experience in the area of public financial management, including experience with PFM reform processes at a senior level either with Government or large public sector organizations.
• Dynamic and proactive individual with the ability to produce technical work plans and monitor performance against them
• Strong track record in performance management is vital (setting targets, monitoring delivery, planning)
• Strong track record in the preparation of government accounts
• Must be familiar with effective project management arrangements.
• Proven capacity to provide technical advice to and able to win confidence/trust of senior government officials, development partners, and stakeholders in PFM.
• Sound knowledge of relevant ICT applications for PFM is required.
• Excellent fluency in English. Working knowledge in French will be an added advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org