World Vision International Rwanda
World Vision International Rwanda
Livelihood and Self-Reliance Project Manager
World Vision Rwanda is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 29 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Livelihood and Self-Reliance Project Manager. The position will be based at Head Office -Kigali, reporting to the Head of Disaster Management.
Purpose of the position:
To provide overall leadership, managerial and technical support to the project team to ensure effective development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the project; leading to a sound allocation and management of financial and project staff, and effective engagement of external stakeholders in alleviating poverty of vulnerable refugees and host community members through the Sustainable Livelihood and Self-Reliance Graduation Approach.
The major responsibilities include:
% of time
Resource mobilization and Networking
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Required Professional Experience
1. At least 5 years relevant work experience in designing and implementation of economic development projects in Non-Government Organizations or Government projects.
2. Must be familiar with economic development models e.g. Saving Groups, Local Value Chain Development (LVCD), Business Facilitation, (BF), Microfinance, Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture (NSA), Farmer Managed Natural Resources (FMNR), Citizen Voice and Action (CVA), Cash/Food Programming, and etc.
3.A good understanding of the Rwanda resilience and livelihood multi-sectoral approach to graduate people out of poverty.
4.Sound knowledge of the Rwanda Resilience and Livelihood programming context
5.Demonstrated ability to work in Resilience and Livelihood programs across Rwanda
6. Strong project management experience and skills
7. Good interpersonal skills
8. Belief in World Vision’s vision, mission, and core values
1.Bachelors’ degree in Social Sciences, Agriculture, Agribusiness, Rural Development, Management sciences, or any other related field.
2. Professional training certificates in some of economic graduation approaches, models and project management
3. Having a driving license, class B
1. Master’s degree in the disciplines that are mentioned above
2. Excellent project management skills and a good understanding of the project life cycle
3. Excellent understanding of best practice in community economic empowerment
4. Experience with development project management tools such as log frames, monitoring and evaluation tools, and budgets.
5.Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Outlook.
6. Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
7. Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
8. Business-oriented mindset
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
N.B: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process.
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on email@example.com (no applications will be accepted through this email).
The closing date for submission of applications is 10th August 2021; no late applications will be accepted.
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.