Logistics Manager at NFT Consult: (Deadline 24 September 2020)
Our Client is a professional construction and transport company focused on adding value to their clients and Rwanda.
We are looking for a Logistics Manager who will manage the Logistics Function in the company with the aim of: Providing effective and timely logistics support to all programs in relation to Supply Chain, Assets, Health and Safety Audit, Premises, People and Fleet Management and Ensuring that all logistics tasks are carried out in compliance with client requirements. Build the capacity of and manage staff in the logistics department in accordance with the HR, health and Safety Policies, and ensure the highest standards of ethics, accountability and professionalism
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To familiarize self and comply with all the policies outlined in the logistics Manual and relevant client requirements.
- Assist the CEO to identify training needs and support training of staff.
- To oversee the completion of the required reports and timely submission of the monthly logistics reports to the CEO.
- Ensure that all staff adheres to procurement procedures.
- Implement effective systems for the management and prioritization of incoming orders.
- Ensure that all procurement requests are delivered in a timely manner while ensuring the purchasing systems and relevant client guidelines are complied with.
- Ensure extensive supplier and market surveys are carried out and a preferred supplier list (Vendor Roster) and price lists are established and regularly updated
- In conjunction the Compliance Officer, ensure that employees are trained on client procurement guidelines and that all procurement activities are adhered to.
- Secure best value for money and service benefits on all procurement requests.
- Ensure effective performance of the procurement function country wide.
- Ensure that all procurement files are completed as per logistics and financial procedures, and that the paper trail is closed off by handover of all documentation to the Finance Department.
- Ensuring that all aspects of drivers and vehicle policy are implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure that all vehicle movements are well planned and plans are adhered to.
- Ensure that checks related to safety of vehicles are carried out on a regular basis.
- Ensure that a vehicle maintenance plan is in place and executed to set standards.
- Ensure that timetables are in place for renewing of insurance/taxation/road licenses etc. and that vehicles comply with relevant legislation at all times.
- Ensure that vehicle usage is controlled and monitored (including fuel usage, etc.).
- Ensure that all relevant monthly reports are compiled and submitted on time.
- Implementation of all stores management procedures and associated documents in line with Logistics Manual.
- Maintain the stores and manage their systems and standards.
- Technical support in premises management for all locations.
- Follow up and ensure adequate provision of power in all premises, including power back-up systems & generators.
- Ensure adequate provision of utilities in all premises and that bills are settled in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all personnel are monitored and trained in communication of operations and procedures.
- Ensure that all communication systems are functional and bills are paid promptly.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience in logistics management with a degree in Logistics or related field; a degree or qualification may be replaced by a minimum of 6 years’ experience directly relevant to the post.
- Appropriate skills and experience in capacity building and managing staff, Strong logistics background, and knowledge in fleet management, communication systems, stock control and asset management systems.
- Ability and willingness to travel, including to insecure environments.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusion.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with an analytical approach to work.
- Ability to take initiative and work long hours with minimal supervision.
- A Degree in relevant subject.
- Hands-on experiences in areas such as repairing/maintaining fleet, computer and communications systems setup an advantage.
- Experience in report writing.