Manager of the Volunteer Cooperation Program and Specialist in strengthening women’s economic power at CECI Canada: (Deadline 23 August 2020)
CECI is an international cooperation organization that has been fighting poverty and exclusion through sustainable development projects in Africa, Asia and the Americas since 1958.
Under the authority of the regional program officer, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring the coordination and implementation of all activities of the voluntary cooperation program (VCP) in the country. He or she represents the program to the various bodies and ensures the links between the PCV and other CECI projects and programs. He or she is the point of reference for program partners and volunteers and is responsible for building / maintaining relationships with a strong network of partners from the public, private and civil society sectors in order to achieve the objectives of CECI and in particular of the PCV in the country. He or she manages and provides the required support to CECI volunteers who carry out a mandate in the country and to other human resources of the program in the country. He or she benefits from the support of colleagues in the region and teams in Canada in terms of mobilizing volunteers, financial management, training, thematic analyzes and monitoring and evaluation. In collaboration with local partners, he or she develops and coordinates the implementation of thematic and innovation initiatives within the framework of the PCV and manages the associated resources.
1. Programmatic component
- Coordinates the implementation of approaches and provides technical expertise related to the strengthening of the economic power and rights of women and young women and the power of women and resilience to climate change by promoting the full involvement of partners and volunteers at different stages, according to the methodologies established for the program.
- Integrates the transversal strategies of the program in connection with:
- innovation and local knowledge rooted in partners, equality between women and men, diversity in the preparation and implementation of
- activities and mandates and ensures the monitoring and evaluation of results on equality between women and men and on young people, included in the framework of
- performance measurement;
- environmental protection and resilience to climate change;
- inclusive governance.
- Ensures the achievement of expected results through the establishment of agreements with partners, planning, monitoring of activities and reporting of results.
- Represents the program and projects on behalf of CECI at the level of national and Canadian government authorities, other donors, actors and strategic partners in the country.
- In close collaboration with partners, ensures the preparation, within the required deadlines, of work plans, annual narrative reports and administers the budget in support of the program and thematic funds in accordance with the program management guidelines.
- Manages the program in accordance with the Contribution Agreement and CECI’s policies and procedures.
2. Mobilization of volunteers
- In close collaboration with the mobilization team in Canada, specifies the mandates and the profiles sought for volunteers based on the Canadian offer.
- In collaboration with local partners and volunteers in support of the program, ensures the implementation of mechanisms to support volunteers on their arrival and throughout their mandate, including their reception, their installation, their security in connection with the country safety directive, their living and working conditions, their end of assignment and their emergency medical evacuation if necessary, taking into account the conditions that may affect women, men and various people differently.
- Upon arrival of volunteers, organize adequate training / orientation taking into account their mandate.
- Supports partners in welcoming and supporting volunteers throughout the achievement of their mandate.
- Encourages the development and use of best practices and techniques recognized by the sector and helps to mobilize the contribution of partners and volunteers.
3. Management and administration
- Ensures budgetary monitoring of the program in the country.
- Authorize expenses, sign checks and approve required financial reports.
- Ensures the establishment, updating and application of emergency and safety procedures established by CECI.
- Hold a valid work permit to work in Rwanda.
- Graduate university education in a relevant discipline, or relevant experience deemed equivalent.
- Proven expertise related to strengthening the economic power of women.
- More than 5 years of experience in managing development cooperation projects / programs.
- Knowledge of national development strategies and more specifically those of the economic sector, businesses, entrepreneurship, employability and vocational and technical training.
- Experience in coordinating intercultural teams and experience in managing volunteers an asset.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Excellent communication and representation skills.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
- Fluency with information technology (Word, Excel, Internet software, etc.) and familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Gmail an asset.
- Carries the approach of equality between women and men and values of social inclusion.
- Knowledge of results-based management.
- Very good oral and written knowledge of French.
- Functional English.
To apply: All interested candidates who meet the requirements must send a cover letter explaining the reasons for their application for this position and an up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV) to [email protected] before August 23, 2020.
CECI is an employer that respects fairness. Women and members of marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.