Monitoring & Evaluation and BCC Coordinator at Caritas Rwanda/USAID Gimbika: (Deadline 10 September 2020)
Caritas Rwanda is a non-profit organization officially registered, with the mission to assist people in needs and foster for the whole human being. Caritas Rwanda has 60 years of working experience in building poor families’ resiliency through Economic Strengthening interventions, agriculture, health, nutrition, WASH, and social welfare activities. Caritas Rwanda was awarded a USAID Cooperative Agreement: Strengthening Civil Society to Support Vulnerable Population (AID-696-A-12-00003). Caritas Rwanda is an equal opportunity organization, looking for competencies without any discrimination. Caritas Rwanda, through the above-mentioned Cooperative Agreement and its cost extension notified on 12th July 2020 to continue implementing USAID GIMBUKA PROGRAM (funded through PEPFAR funds), is looking for a potential qualified, dedicated and experienced national candidate to fill up the following position:
Position Title: Monitoring & Evaluation and BCC Coordinator
Program: USAID GIMBUKA
Line Manager: Program Team Leader
Job location: Caritas Rwanda Headquarters
Period: One-year renewable basing on performance with three months’ probation period
Roles/ Definition/Purpose of the Job
The M&E and BCC Coordinator will work closely with the Program Team Leader, Data Coordinator, and Coordinators of activities as well as other staff at the national level for accurate data gathering, analysis, and reporting. S/He will coordinate with USAID Gimbuka field staff in terms of providing them with the knowledge to collect, process, analyze and interpret data to inform the program about outcomes (successes and changes being recorded) and challenges faced and proposes accurate solutions. S/He will coordinate the program reporting process (data and narrative) from the field to the program headquarters to insure quality reports are delivered on due time.
S/He will be supporting in the reporting systems and tools’ design, analyzing both quantitative and qualitative results, recording lessons learned, highlighting success stories, producing accurate quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on program progress and impact, highlighting innovative interventions among others. S/He will advise the program leadership on measures to be undertaken for improving the M&E system for meeting requirements of the funding partner in the area of program implementation and reporting.
S/He will coordinate and design reporting tools to capture important Behavior Change Communication (BCC) amongst beneficiaries / non-beneficiaries as a result of the program implementation. In details, hereafter are duties and responsibilities of the position:
- Ensure prudent use of financial resources in accordance with Caritas Rwanda and USAID financial rules and regulations in line with the available budget.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide technical guidance and know-how to national and field staff on program indicators set up (input, outcome and impact indicators) to measure program progress;
- To coordinate with the program staff to ensure that annual work plans, progress on indicators and program reports are accurate and up to the standards;
- Actively support the information dissemination plan of the program achievements towards local partners, program beneficiaries and the Government of Rwanda;
- The guide staff at both coordination and field levels in preparing their progress reports according to agreed-on standards;
- Support in Sites Improvement and Management System Improvement (SIMS) for all covered sites;
- Prepare and upload data & narrative reports in USAID reporting systems as well as other information systems from other partners;
- To ensure that the program data are uploaded in Caritasme.net software;
- Prepare consolidated USAID GIMBUKA program’s progress and impact reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and timelines including success stories;
- Prepare and publish articles on the program successes, innovations, best practices and approaches;
- Prepare monitoring reports and assist the program’s staff to identify and fix potential bottlenecks arising during USAID GIMBUKA program implementation;
- Oversee the achievements of performance indicators across USAID GIMBUKA components and districts;
- Work closely with MoH, CHAIN IPs to upgrade the program reporting system in compliance with requirements of partners;
- To guide the program on annual, mid-term and end-line surveys including setting up terms of references (TOR), evaluation teams technical support etc.;
- To ensure complementarity and collaboration with other Caritas Rwanda programs in the same area of intervention;
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary to improve the quality of monitoring and reporting of program achievements.
Behavior Change Communication
- Support the program to establish and operationalize a BCC strategy regarding nutrition, savings, food security, hygiene, water and sanitation, etc.;
- Initiate and oversee the elaboration of the key message to improve public behavior on WASH, nutrition, food security and economic resilience;
- Evaluate the impact of the work on beneficiaries’ behavior and propose corrective actions if needed within the framework of the program Monitoring and Evaluation plan;
- Initiate and supervise the surveys undertaken in the BCC sector when necessary;
- Motivate partners to take actions towards behavior change communication improvement;
- Initiate and attend meetings with local authorities, local associations, and other program partners to discuss and share on BCC;
- Collaborate with other concerned technicians to prepare messages to disseminate in the community for increasing the awareness on HIV and STI prevention, Nutrition, economic strengthening, food security, etc.;
- Represent the program in different platforms on IEC/BCC and update the program on outcomes;
- Ensure that the government requirements related to IEC and BCC are successfully met in the program;
- Perform any other tasks requested by the organization’s hierarchy.
- Significant travel to the target districts: at least 40% of the work is on the field;
- Willingness to work in Team;
Minimum required qualifications and skills
Applicants for this position must demonstrate the capacity to deliver results and a strong commitment to professional ethics and integrity. In addition, they must meet the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a health-related field, economics, Social sciences, Development studies.
- More than 2 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs;
- More than 3 years of experience working with PLHIV, OVC, MVC, or other vulnerable populations in Rwanda;
- Working experience with international implementation partners especially with USAID-funded programs is a prerequisite
- Familiarity with case management approach;
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team; strong history of the practice of monitoring and evaluation, reports writing and presentation;
- Strong professional fluency in written and spoken English required; proficiency in Kinyarwanda preferred; knowledge of French is an advantage
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Experience with computer applications including MS Office and internet-based research;
- Willingness to travel 30-40% of the time throughout program covered zones and work flexible hours;
- Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure, handle multiple assignments, prioritize workflow, adapt to fluctuating workload, and meet deadlines;
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy, and work well with a diverse team
- Flexibility, humility, resourcefulness,
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their application documents written in English addressed to Caritas Rwanda Secretary-General exclusively to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] by September 10th, 2020 not later than 5:00 pm Kigali time.
N.B. Only selected candidates will be contacted for tests.
Done at Kigali, August 26, 2020.
Father TWAGIRAYEZU Jean Marie Vianney