Monitoring & Evaluation Listening Specialist at Compassion International: (Deadline Ongoing)
This career specialist will provide specific support to building new mechanisms for church and youth feedback systems, alongside other teams building monitoring and evaluation activities at Compassion. Under the leadership of the Senior Manager of Business Support, this specialist will work with multiple teams around the organization to design and build appropriate mechanisms for youth and church partner participation in program monitoring and evaluation. She or he will provide in-depth expertise in related fields such as qualitative methods for participatory evaluation, human-centered design in humanitarian and development programming, satisfaction measurement, feedback, complaints and response mechanisms. At this career level, the incumbent supports the local program design, performing independently or participating as a team member for major, or complex issues with a strong qualitative evaluation component.
Essential Job Functions
Applies Compassion Values Personally and Corporately
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ’s mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
Expertise and Influencing National Office Stakeholders in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Supports overall holistic child development and provides ongoing subject matter expertise in the national context by collecting and using high quality data to measure program inputs, outputs, and outcomes. Aids partnership facilitators, program support team and church partners by providing coaching and knowledge within monitoring and evaluation. Continuously grows in depth and breadth of knowledge in the field of expertise and educates others regarding industry standards, national policies and best practices.
- Provides feedback and implements tools and instruments with global team for use throughout the monitoring function that enable the program team to conduct mixed methods, qualitative, and empirical assessment to keep track of progress through generation of monitoring and evaluation reports, analyzes high quality baseline/needs assessment data to inform program design.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in the National Office context regarding high quality data collection of child-focused or partner data. Collaborates with partnership facilitators, program support team, and leaders to provide insight and expertise regarding intervention milestones realization, child development milestone monitoring, partner maturity progress and such other programmatic aspects that would lead to the realization of partnership outcomes.
Collaborates in a Global Monitoring and Evaluation Network
- Works collaboratively with global team and other National Office M&E colleagues to accomplish strategic objectives in mixed-methods feedback systems with church partners and youth.
- Facilitates national, regional and global level listening sessions by supporting the research design, sampling, implementation, gathering and monitoring of high quality, and analysis of mixed methods data.
- May coach and provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the monitoring and evaluation discipline.
Facilitating Data-Driven Decision-Making
Planning Monitoring and Evaluation Activities
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Three years’ experience working in this or similar position or field. It is beneficial to have research experience in an NGO setting. For the tasks, it is advantageous (not required) to have basic knowledge of participatory qualitative approaches, qualitative data gathering and analysis.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 25% of normal schedule