WE-ACTx for HOPE
WE-ACTx for HOPE
Nurse at WE-ACTx for HOPE: (Deadline 25 August 2020)
WE-ACTx for HOPE’s mission is to empower vulnerable communities to live healthier and productive lives. We help people living with and affected by HIV acquire the skills and capacity they need to fight disease and poverty and live happier and more productive lives.
WE-ACTx For Hope is a local NGO legally registered by Rwanda Governance Board; WE-ACTx For Hope then signed a memo of understanding with the Ministry of Health for running the medical clinic in partnership with WE-ACTx US and Keep a Child Alive.
WE-ACTx for HOPE was granted legal status by a Ministerial order No. 106/11 of 11/08/2008.
WE-ACTx For Hope in partnership with AHF Rwanda is looking for a well dedicated and self-motivated highly qualified Nurse A1.
To provide nursing support within the WE-ACTx For Hope Program, with a primary focus on HIV/HIV-related diseases.
- To provide direct patient care under the support and supervision of the Head nurse and Medical Director.
- To provide nursing support within other areas of Health Center, including the pharmacy and lab as needed.
- To assist in the organization of VCT services within the association along with the recruitment of newly diagnosed patients.
- To be able to provide family planning methods (condoms, injections, pills, Jadelle and DIU)
- To perform home visitations for follow up care of patients on ART/Bactrim prophylaxis.
- To participate as needed in Health Education Classes in regard to initiation of ART.
- To liaise with the multidisciplinary team including WE-ACTx physicians to share best practices and ensure high-quality care.
- To assist in data collection and recording keeping required by the MOH.
- To participate in staff meetings and able to conduct mornings education sessions.
- To ensure the principles of WE-ACTx For Hope are being practiced appropriately and to ensure the model of care is functioning at an optimal level
- To be able to give report monthly
- Experienced Nurse with A1 level Qualification in Nursing with and 5 years in management of people living with HIV (HIV care) and family planning
- Trained by RBC/HIV Division (TRAC) in Antiretroviral Treatment ART (task shifting), PMTCT and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC), Index Testing, and Finger prick.
- Flexible team player with an active and constructive approach in the care for the PPV’s
- Interest in ongoing health promotion and patient advocacy.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access to the internet).
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experienced Nurse in ARVs distribution will be an added advantage.
- Please attach a CV, Letter of motivation addressed to Director of Clinical Systems WE-ACTx For Hope Clinic, and all supporting certificates of studies, experience, and 3 recommendation letters.
- Soft copies can be sent on these emails: [email protected] and [email protected]
- Hard copies will also be required to be deposited to WE-ACTx For Hope Reception at DORONA HOUSE, en face BCK, avenue de Kalisimbi Tel: 078830 2797, 078830 4613
- The deadline is August 25th, 2020 at 12:00 noon.
Submitted applications will not be returned to candidates. Shortlisted people will be contacted.