Clinton Health Access Initiative
Clinton Health Access Initiative
Nutrition, Program Officer at Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI): (Deadline 9 April 2021)
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
Based on the premise that business-oriented strategy can facilitate solutions to global health challenges, CHAI acts as a catalyst to mobilize new resources and optimize their impact to save lives, via improved organization of commodity markets and more effective local management. By working in association with governments and other NGO partners, CHAI is focused on large-scale impact. To date, CHAI has secured lower pricing agreements for treatment options in more than 70 countries. In addition, CHAI’s teams are working side-by-side with over 30 governments to tackle many of the largest barriers to effective treatment and care.
It is in line with above that CHAI is working with the Government of Rwanda and other partners to roll out a program to drive rapid and substantial reductions in chronic malnutrition among Rwandan children. Program improvement research will be a key component of the initiative to ensure evidence-based implementation and tracking of results. CHAI is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated individual, with demonstrated leadership skills, for a Program Officer position.
Summary OF THE POSITION:
The Program Officer will be providing support to the Nutrition program improvement research projects. The incumbent will play role in promoting key leanings for the improvement of different research projects and for wider leaning of the organization. He/She will collaborate closely with the program management team on the design and implementation of the monitoring and research projects. In addition, the Program Officer should assist the Nutrition program management team in analyzing, reporting, and disseminating the research projects results.
The position requires a highly motivated individual with outstanding organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and time management skills; including the ability to synthesize information concisely and prepare short reports or presentations. The candidate must have a deep personal commitment to producing the highest quality results and must exhibit personal qualities such as responsibility, tenacity, self-motivation as well as a high level of professionalism and work ethic.
She or he must be able to manage multiple tasks and drive multiple requests forward, exhibit a passion for delivering high-quality deliverable, and a commitment to excellence.
Applicants will require a high level of computer literacy as well as having the ability to work as a team player or individually as required.
The Program Officer will participate in the conception, design, development, implementation, and dissemination of various CHAI Nutrition research projects. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Support CHAI Nutrition team and its partners in conducting program monitoring and program development surveys and research
- Assist CHAI Nutrition Program Management team in designing, coordinating, and conducting sensitization and enrolment of survey participants
- Use data from existing program monitoring and evaluation projects
- Identify all the material and tools needed for the research
- Supervise data collection, Focus group discussions, data entry, and reporting
- Ensure quality of the data and information collected by random verifications and validations
- Record, manage and preserve research data in a safe and accessible way that is in line with CHAI policies
- Review, analyze and discuss data collected
- Contribute to dissemination of study findings
- Provide recommendations to the relevant program contributors based on research findings
- Organize training of data collectors
- Manage teams of data collectors
- Assisting the Nutrition team in producing internal and external reports
- Manage multiple requests, concurrent tasks, prioritizing time and focus effectively
- Support the project in any other capacity, as identified by the program management team
Qualification and Competency Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree level and coordination experience in a relevant field, Masters level will be preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Prior experience organizing and leading data collection
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills
- Experience in managing qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Experience and knowledge of the health system of Rwanda is preferred
- Proficient in relevant computer applications, particularly MS Excel
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in Kinyarwanda and English
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Flexibility to work and travel on short notice, as required by the assessment
- Willingness to spend significant time in the rural area and traveling throughout the country
- Excellent attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Can work independently
- Able to meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge of nutrition and child health with CHAI experience would be an advantage
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest (maximum 1 page) outlining how their background meets the requirements outlined above; CV (maximum 3 pages); and the names of three references to [email protected] with “Program Officer” in the subject line. The deadline for applications is April 9th, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.