Pedagogical Coordinator at Inspire Educate and Empower Rwanda (IEE Rwanda): (Deadline 31 August 2020)
Inspire, Educate, and Empower Rwanda (IEE) is a Rwandan local Education Not-For-Profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). Since 2005, in collaboration with partners, IEE has complemented efforts of the Ministry of Education/ Rwanda Education Board, contributing to educational implementation. IEE designs and delivers innovative programmes to address challenges to the provision of quality education.
IEE programmes range from teacher development training and technical assistance, teaching and learning, curriculum and material development, research and evaluation, education policies, and systems reform.
IEE collaborates with United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) to complement pre- and in-service teacher development efforts implemented by Rwanda Education Board.
Particularly, IEE supports capacity development in the context of the national School-based Mentorship Programme (SBMP), for improved teaching and learning.
The latest addition to programming for in-service teacher development is Learning through Play (LtP), which is an evidence-based pedagogical approach to facilitating effective teaching and learning. LtP is aimed at introducing thoughtful usage of play in Rwandan schools to facilitate teaching and learning, for the benefit of improved learning outcomes for school children.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Pedagogical Coordinator will be responsible for providing technical oversight to all activities in the Pre-and in-service teacher development for quality results for children programme related to pre-service teacher development, particularly Teacher Training College (TTC)-based technical support. She/ He will coordinate educational activities by TTC-based Pedagogical Advisors in provision of capacity support for Tutors and student teachers, in the context of the TTC competence-based curriculum. The Pedagogical Coordinator will coordinate Pedagogical Advisors to ensure that teaching and learning at all TTCs is aligned to the TTC curriculum framework, ensuring that graduating teachers are prepared to implement the basic education competence-based curriculum.
- Serve as programme lead for project design, evaluation, and dissemination, and dissemination of results.
- Organizing programme activities in accordance with the mission and goals of IEE and UNICEF in the context of the Pre-and in-service teacher development for quality results for children programme.
- Participate in yearly performance assessments of Pedagogical Advisors, goal setting, and support professional development on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure and direct the development of regular and timely programmatic updates at IEE in-house CPDs to ensure cross-pollination of ideas, knowledge-building, and resource sharing. This includes helping to develop a knowledge management system and supporting processes.
- Facilitate small and large group meetings and trainings, internally and externally.
- Direct continuous learning for programme staff.
- Interact with programme implementation teams to maintain consistent understanding of programme status and deliverables and identify variances and errors, while analyzing programme risks and charting solutions to address them.
- Developing an implementation and evaluation plan to assess programme strengths and lead improvement.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure programme goals are achieved.
- Ensure programmatic excellence through development and implementation of innovative performance and outcomes measures.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of programme statuses throughout their life cycles.
- Responsible for overall day-to-day programme management, initiating and coordinating all programme activities for effective delivery of projects.
- Synthesizing programme information to guide effective implementation and producing highly focused programme implementation update reports taking into consideration, contextual, policy and logistics related to programme implementation.
- Leading on programme communications. Collaborate with the Communications Officer and Country Directorate to generate project information both for media sharing and for reporting.
- Draft programme information sheets and reports.
- Collaborate with other Programme Managers as required.
- Undertake any other programme management and coordination-related activities as may be requested by IEE Management.
Qualifications, Experience, and Abilities:
- A master’s degree in Education is required.
- The candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 7 years of progressive professional experience working in Education.
- Proven Experience working in TTC is an added advantage.
- Proven experience in programme management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in programme leadership, producing policy papers or equivalent with a proven ability to synthesize large amounts of information into concise reports.
- Strong programme management experience including planning, initiating and delivering new initiatives within agreed time scales.
- Experience designing and implementing teacher training programming and materials.
- Experience with instructional material design and development.
- Demonstrated research and development skills in education, especially in the field of pedagogy.
- Highly conversant in pedagogical innovations for teacher training and curriculum, in the context of Rwandan education policy.
- Proven team building and interpersonal skills within a multicultural context.
- Proven ability to negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in securing involvement of internal and external stakeholders, planning and facilitating consultation exercises, interviews or fact-finding meetings which result in all relevant information being collected within a limited timeframe.
- Demonstrable teaching experience, contributing to quality learning.
- Demonstrable experience in programme monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Good presenter with experience of presenting complex ideas to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Extremely well-organized multi-tasker.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, goal-oriented.
- Experience of working in the Education NGO sector.
- Rwandan nationality.
Work-Based Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda.
- Able to analyze and evaluate complex information, including statistics.
- Able to analyze and respond to external developments and identify issues speedily and effectively.
- Ability to clearly accurately articulate complex information to a wide range of audiences. Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to engage, inspire, build credibility and engender trust with diverse audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable supervisory experience.
- Ability to enthuse and engage a diverse range of stakeholders internally and externally.
- A broad understanding of school-based mentorship, Training of Trainers, and capacity building is an advantage.
- Time management skills, project management skills, and organizational skills. The ability to meet deadlines is essential.
- Ability to research and quickly disseminate relevant, emerging, and existing evidence-based practices and models.
- Able to work flexibly as part of a small team and to work independently.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Trustworthy, ethical, and authentic in all situations.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, and CV including names of at least 4 position-relevant referees with scanned copies of certificates/diplomas, to The Country Director, Inspire Educate and Empower Rwanda (IEE) at [email protected] on or before the closing date of August 31, 2020.
Please place “Pedagogical Coordinator” in the subject line of the email when applying.
*Not heeding to this instruction will lead to disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No late application or telephone inquiries will be considered.
IEE upholds the commitment to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, gender or religion and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.