Personal Assistant To Head Of Office at UNFPA: (Deadline 6 November 2020)
The post is located in the Rwanda Country office and reports to the UNFPA Representative. The Personal Assistant to the Representative provides senior level communications, administrative and secretarial support, maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made. Personal Assistant to the Representative also provides organizational functions to the Country Office in terms of:
- providing effective communications support;
- ensuring facilitation of knowledge building and management;
- providing logistical support; and
- coordinating the secretarial services;
- as well as managing the incoming and outgoing mails.
*No Expectancy of renewal in accordance with UN Staff Regulation 4.5
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensures optimal communication flows between the Representative and the staff of the Country Office, as well as external counterparts, through effective use of written, verbal and electronic communication.
- Logs in Office Management Application System (OMAS) and routes incoming documents from the Implementing Partners to relevant staff; reviews and ensures all outgoing correspondences are in order before submitting to the Representative’s signature and registered in Office Management Application System (OMAS).
- Drafts non-substantive correspondence, takes dictations and types correspondence, documents and management meeting reports ensuring that spelling, punctuation, and format are correct; and in consultation with other Country Office personnel responds to requests for information, which may be of a confidential nature, in a timely, discrete and accurate manner.
- Researches files, collects requested information, and organizes material to meet the Representative’s needs. This includes preparation of information and/ or briefs, summaries and background documentation required by the Representative for all official missions and special meetings.
- Assembles briefing materials and prepares PowerPoints and other presentations including computer generated visuals such as graphs. Undertakes logistical administrative, and financial arrangements in consultation with the Operations Manager for meetings and workshops organized by the Representative’s Office.
- Sets up and monitors the filing system and a follow-up system for the Country Office. Organizes and maintains the filing system for the Country Office while maintaining up-to-date electronic mailing lists.
- Responsible for protocol matters. Manages the Representative’s calendar and schedule of appointments and meetings. Receives high-ranking visitors/officials. Takes minutes and/ or notes as required, and answers and screens calls with tact and discretion.
- Makes travel arrangements for the Representative. Sets up and manages administrative files on the Representative’s mission travel, mission reports and coordinates the preparation and updating of the Representative’s travel plans.
- Assists in the preparation and finalization of the Country Office Management Plan. Prepares information translations, and may act as interpreter as required.
- Provide administrative support/assistance to the management team meeting
- Support operations roles by performing receipt roles in Atlas; Bids Offer Receiver (Alternate); leave monitor (Back-up); and carry out end of year closure activities assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree desirable
Knowledge and Experience:
- Six years of relevant experience in administration.
- Some experience in research assistance.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT financial systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French is desirable.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing diversity in all its forms
- Embracing change
- Achieving Results
- Being Accountable
- Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
- Thinking analytically and Strategically
- Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
- Communicating for Impact
- Providing logistical support
- Managing data
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and work flow
- Planning, organizing and multitasking
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the post. The package includes a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits.
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Important applicant information
Note: UNFPA reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNFPA at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNFPA is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.