Petroleum Senior Engineer at RWANDA MINES, PETROLEUM AND GAS BOARD: (Deadline 7 October 2020)
• Determine the most likely locations of hydrocarbon reservoirs and map the extent of the field;
• Produce reports which may include recommendations for drilling methods, the amount of hydrocarbons contained, and drilling simulation data;
• Design and implement drilling protocols;
• Decide on the specialized extraction equipment;
• Simulate hydrocarbon extraction;
• Assess costs and estimate the production capabilities and economic value of oil and gas wells, in order to evaluate the economic viability of potential drilling sites;
• Assist engineering and other personnel to solve operating problems;
• Maintain records of drilling and production operations;
• Interpret drilling and testing information.
• Design and implement environmental controls on oil and gas operations.
• Supervise the removal of drilling equipment, the removal of any waste, and the safe return of land to structural stability when wells or pockets are exhausted;
• Inspect oil and gas wells in order to determine that installations are completed;
• Simulate reservoir performance for different recovery techniques, using computer models;
• Carry out any other duties given by the director.
Petroleum Senior Petroleum Senior A0 in Petroleum Geology, Petroleum Geosciences, Petroleum Geology and Petroleum Engineering, Civil 1
Engineer Engineer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical engineering with 3 years of working experience or Manster’s
Degree in Petroleum Geology, Petroleum Geosciences, Petroleum Geology and Petroleum Engineering, Civil
Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical engineering