Souk IG Ltd
Souk IG Ltd
Poultry Farm Manager at Souk IG Ltd: (Deadline 24 October 2020)
SOUK Rwanda is a leading international horticultural export company based in Kigali. We have managed to establish ourselves as a market leader and this is all attributed to our dedicated team. As we look to expand into poultry keeping, we are looking to hire an ambitious, selfless, team player to lead our farm activities. Should you be interested in joining our brilliant team at SOUK, kindly review the job description below and go on to apply by sending in your CV and any supporting documents you deem appropriate.
- Coordinate, monitor, and review the overall performance of the various poultry activities.
- Complete relevant farm report reflecting all current activities. This will be submitted to the Operations Manager daily, weekly, and monthly for review. Key farm activities include but are not limited to;
- Ensure flock health and biosecurity, through setting up guidelines that support farm staff in undertaking the tasks and participating in monitoring general flock health.
- Monitoring, diagnosis, and reporting of flock’s health and actively taking proactive measures to ensure minimal cases of infection this includes developing a vaccination and hygiene programme and ensuring adherence to the programme.
- Keeping account of farm expenses and act as the main point of contact for all inventory reconciliation and financial planning. The manager will be required to accurately input daily farm transactions into SOUK. i.e. feed receipts and issues, consumptions, mortalities, transfers, sales and vaccines, and other consumables.
- Ensuring all farm assets are in good working conditions. This includes but is not limited to; chicken stables, inventory room, work equipment, etc. are always kept in proper condition.
3. Team management and team spirit building. You will be tasked to manage and supervise a team of 3 daily staff on the farm. This will also include mentoring and putting together skill development programs to promote skill-building. In addition, you will be required to be compliant and willing to attend all designated skill-building workshops upon request.
- Have prior experience equating to 3 or more years in Poultry Farm Management. This is the major requirement.
- Having prior exposure to feed mixing is considered a significant plus.
- Degree in Animal Production or a relevant course.
- Have experience using excel and basic financial planning know-how.
- Willing to relocate to the farm and flexible to move around Rwanda for various work assignments.
Please submit your updated CV/Resume by applying via the” Apply for this job” button below not later than 24th October 2020