Professional Data Protection for Special Initiative Training and Employment (SI) Project at GIZ Rwanda: (Deadline 27 August 2020)
Vacancy Announcement Professional Data Protection for Special Initiative Training and Employment (SI) Project
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The Special Initiative Training and Job Creation (SI) aims to improve the conditions for sustainable economic and employment growth in Rwanda and to promote investment. The Special Initiative together with the Rwandan partners facilitates interventions in the following fields of action: “The conditions for investments of European or international enterprises in Rwanda are improved; the capacities of Rwandan SMEs in selected sectors/clusters for sustainable, employment-generating growth are improved; the business ecosystem of selected sectors/clusters is improved”. The project provides advisory services and facilitates the access to funding schemes and instruments for the development and implementation of business projects.
In order to fulfil the increasing data protection needs and to comply with the Rwandan and GIZ data protection rules and regulation, we are looking to recruit a Professional Data Protection to support the teams of the different programmes in the area of sustainable economic development. The position will be based in Kigali.
Fixed Term: 31.09.2021
The Professional Data Protection is responsible for:
- Ensure that all programmes in the area of sustainable economic development are comply with the Rwandan and GIZ data protection regulation
- Establish and ensure correct and smooth processes regarding data protection in the programmes
- In charge that all necessary data protection forms are filled properly and on time to confirm compliance
- Contact person to the data protection department in GIZ HQ in Germany
- Ensure proper documentation of all processes
- Advise the programmes on needs for data protection
The Professional Data Protection performs the following tasks:
- Establish and communicate the correct and complying process of implementing the data protection regulations in the projects and for partners
- Filling all necessary documentation for each activity to ensure compliance with the data protection regulation
- Liaise with subcontractors to explain the “Technical and Organizational Measures (TOM)” in order to get a signature (needed to issue the contract)
- Support the outsourcing of data processing requirements, including the Technical and Organizational Measures (TOM)
- Develop the Notifications to the Records of Processing Activities (VVT): Including description of data collection, processing and storage
- Prepare and adjusting the declaration of consent to the use of photo, audio and/or video
- Check compliance with data protection regulation in Terms of Reference (TOR)
- Awareness creation and training sessions for the project teams to facilitate the implementation of personal data protection rules
- Communication with local Rwanda government institutions to take into account Rwanda data protection policies
- Contact person for the project teams on all data protection related questions
- Communication with respective GIZ HQ department
- Follow up with the respective departments on processing related requests.
- Any other duties and tasks at the request of the Cluster Management
3. Required qualifications, competences and experience
Qualifications and professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, management, finance or business administration, IT, computer science or any related field; Master’s degree is an asset
- At least 2 years’ professional experience, ideally with first experience in data protection regulation and/or with an international organization/international NGO
- Working experience with an auditing company, financial management advisory or professional accounting firm is a strong asset
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Finely tuned organisational skills and ability to work on one’s own initiative
- Able to work under little supervision but at the same time being a real team player
- Strongly skilled in project management
- Quick learner; affinity to numbers as well as good understanding why details matter
- Persistent and focused on the tasks, but at the same time creative and open-minded
- Excellent communication skills; able to ask the right questions
- Ability for abstraction; not only fulfilling instructions without scrutinizing
- Very good working knowledge of ICT and computer applications (e.g. MS Office); good knowledge of excel and power point essential
- Excellent knowledge of English, orally and written; ability to express oneself in clear sentences with relevant context; being able to write English with rigour and precision in grammar and spelling is an absolute must
- Excellent knowledge of Kinyarwanda
- Knowledge of German will be an asset (independent reading/ understanding of written communication)
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates and references) Until 27th August 2020 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to [email protected] The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates. This includes the provision of reasonable accommodation, if needed, in order to participate in the job application and interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please, let us know if you have any particular requirements should you be invited for assessment/interview or that you wish us to take into account when considering your application. Women and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
Rwanda GIZ Office Rwanda reserves all rights!!