Program Partner at Mastercard Foundation: (Deadline 27 October 2020)
ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you have passion for the youth and are ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
The Program Partner will be the member of the Foundation country team and works collaboratively with team members to support the implementation of programs and their interlinkages. This individual will be expected to interact effectively with partner organizations to advance the current work of the Foundation.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Work closely with cross functional team members (Finance, Impact and other functions) to deliver end to end Program Management oversite.
- Lead program management throughout the program life cycle.
- Define the program governance (controls).
- Plan the overall program and monitoring the progress.
- Manage the program’s budget.
- Manage risks and issues and taking corrective measurements.
- Manage stakeholders’ communication.
- Manage the main program documentation thru the life cycle of the program.
- Monitor for synthesize and share knowledge and learnings.
- Overall, provide clear, concise, and insightful written analyses and recommendations regards the progress of the program deliverables for Foundation senior staff consideration.
- Represent the Foundation and collaborate with key internal and external audiences as per Foundation guidelines.
WHO YOU ARE
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in the Development and Programs space.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate progress and learnings from projects to colleagues and the wider development community.
- Demonstrates experience in providing technical and other support to project managers and implementers for effective program delivery.
- Excellent project management skills for multi-stakeholder projects including; monitoring, evaluation and report writing.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to effectively synthesize information to reach diverse audiences and build consensus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Proactive, engaged and a self-starter.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity.
- Committed to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is October 27, 2020.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks, and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.