Land O'Lakes Venture37
Land O'Lakes Venture37
Project Driver at Land O’Lakes Venture37: (Deadline 4 September 2020)
Land O’Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.
The USAID Orora Wihaze (Raise Animals for Self-Sufficiency) activity is a USD $13.8M Five-year (October 2019 – September 2024) program that will work with local partners and private sector actors in Rwanda to strengthen the animal-sourced foods (ASF) market system. Orora Wihaze will target ASF producer and consumer households in Rwanda’s Burera, Gakenke, Nyamagabe, Nyamasheke, Rutsiro, Ngororero, Kayonza, and Ngoma districts. The goal of the FTF Orora Wihaze activity is to sustainably increase the availability of, access to, and consumption of ASF through the development of a profitable market. This will be achieved by a selection of interventions under two broad objectives i) Private Sector-Led ASF Value Chains Strengthened; ii) Increase Demand for ASF Consumption for Women and Children.
Position Summary and Primary Responsibilities:
The Driver will provide transportation and logistical support services for the Orora Wihaze staff and advisors. The Driver is responsible for passenger safety. Accordingly, the incumbent ensures the safe operation of project vehicles, ensures vehicle maintenance, and may accompany or guide project visitors as they travel in Rwanda on project assignments. The Driver(s) reports to the Office Manager/ Administrator.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Ensures that transportation and logistics requirements are met as directed.
- Assures passenger safety.
- Drive the project vehicles on scheduled and approved routes and ensure that the Vehicle Logbook is properly recorded and maintained.
- Perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking the oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, and water and tire pressures. Read and understand specific vehicle operating manual and is able to operate every device in the car.
- Liaise with the Office Administrator to ensure the Project Vehicle Road License and Insurance Policy are up to date.
- Maintain automobile in clean (inside and out), polished, flawless operating condition.
- Maintain records of work performed and make timely reports of accidents, incidents, and unusual occurrences.
- Offer suggestions to the Management Team on how to further increase the efficiency of the vehicle operations with the aim of reducing costs with little-to-no impacts on vehicle operations
- Safeguarding of organizational assets
- Understand, respect, and promote Venture37’s values and vision in the implementation of assigned duties. Provide information and other general assistance to the Venture37 staff, visitors, and designated partners.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Office Manager/Administrator.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary school certificate (Senior 6).
- Holder of Category B driving license with verified good driving record.
- At least three years of related work experience as a driver in an official capacity for an established organization.
- Strong customer service orientation and demonstrated experience participating and collaborating as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of routes and roads within the main areas of operation for the project, including Kigali city.
- Thorough understanding of vehicle motor and operations. Ability to perform basic maintenance and basic mechanical adjustments is required.
- English language, written and verbal communication, intermediate level preferred. Good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, and CV including names of at least 3 relevant referees to Rwanda Orora Wihaze at [email protected] on or before the closing date of September 4, 2020.
Please place “Project Driver” in the subject line of the email when applying.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No late application or telephone inquiries will be considered.