Project Manager at Yara Limited: (Deadline 7 July 2020 )
About the Unit
Yara Limited is a duly registered company under the Laws of Rwanda as a subsidiary of Yara Tanzania Limited also a subsidiary of Fertilizers Holdings AS, headquartered in Norway. We trade in importation and sale of fertilizers in Rwanda. The aim is to develop a market concept that increases the number of farmers who use fertilizer in Rwanda including better knowledge in plant nutrition, improved distribution, and logistics.
Yara Limited was established and started operations in Rwanda in 2015 and has grown to become a leading fertilizer distributor and is one of leading input companies supplying the Government subsidy scheme with specific crop programs as well as offering capacity-building programs to farmers.
The vacancy of Project Manager – Action Africa is a 4 months fixed-term position based in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Co-ordinate distribution of fertilizer to all selected farmer cooperative in Rwanda in liaison with Yara agronomist and relevant government officers in the respective regions. Ensure minimum damage/losses of fertilizer bags, getting regular updates from local transporters on the delivery status of all fertilizers across all destinations.
- Maintaining clear records on all of the fertilizer received and distributed.
- Track fertilizer distribution within farmer cooperative in collaboration with management committees of the respective cooperatives, Yara market promoters & sector Agronomist (government), to ensure that each QR code of the fertilizer is traced to the end-user.
- Generate Customer/farmer profile data to capture all required information concerning the farmers who get donated fertilizer which includes but not limited to names of the farmers, crops grown, acreage, gender, and phone numbers.
- In collaboration with agronomists, ensure adherence to good agricultural practice (GAPs) by farmers by coordinating requisite farmers’ meetings, training in all selected farmers cooperatives. Ensure proper documentation of all key stages of crop-life cycles – planting, weeding topdressing, plot signages. Earmarking training farms and best farmers in each cooperative for the purpose of recognizing/rewarding best efforts.
- On a regular and pre-determined time interval, update/ report all progress of the project to the Commercial Manager.
- Report to the relevant parties i.e. Health Environmental Safety and Quality (HESQ) department any incidences of product loss in transit either from the port to the farmer or to the distributor and follow the outlined process for claim as stipulated by Yara.
- University degree in Agronomy or Supply Chain related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a business-oriented Logistics department
- Experience in managing a project involving agricultural activities in a rural set up is an added advantage.
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Office
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local language and English.
- Thorough knowledge of all districts/regions in Rwanda
- Experience of working to a deadline under pressure to meet set KPIs.