Regional Sales Manager at BIC
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
Establish, coordinate and direct the strategies in the Region in order to ensure the achievement of company objectives, responsible of the sales managers of East Africa, this position will be based in Nyanza Province.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
- Create regional sales plans and quotas in alignment with business objectives.
- Report on regional sales results.
- Evaluate store and individual performances.
- Address potential problems and suggest prompt solutions.
- Forecasting and annual profits.
- Identify hiring needs, select and train new salespeople.
- Prepare and review the annual budget for the area of responsibility.
- Analyse regional market trends and discover new opportunities for growth.
- Participate in decisions for expansion or acquisition. Promote our product lines by coordinating with store management and media relations teams.
- Create sales goals for each store and communicate them to store management.
- Evaluate metrics on specific product lines and instruct Store Managers to adjust inventory appropriately.
- Listen to Store Managers and determine their needs.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly sales reports and submit your findings and analysis to senior management.
- Serve as the point of contact with vendors, distributors and brokers in your region
- Inform senior management of any discrepancies or issues with sales team goals and results.
Academic background and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required (merchandising, sales, marketing or related field)
- 10+ years’ experience in the retail apparel industry preferred
- Basic accounting skills required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great motivational and communication skills
- Ability to read and generate reports, ledgers and market analyses
The candidate must be a good communicator and have excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills in dealing with the various departments namely Sales and Marketing / Production / Finance / Import and Export / Warehouse and distribution staff etc.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org