Registration Assistant under UNOPS at UNHCR: (Deadline 17 July 2020)
This position is advertised open to external applicants.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Conduct registration interviews in accordance with local SOPs and registration standards.
– Respond to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
– Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
– Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation
– Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
– Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Social Sciences; Statistics; Mathematics; Information Technology; HCR Protection Lrng Prog;
Relevant Job Experience
Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software.
The Registration Assistant is a member of the protection team and is supervised by Associate Protection Officer. The incumbent is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management. S/he responds to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements. The Registration Assistant liaises with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up and may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies.