One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund
Rwanda Agricultural Integration Supervisor AT One Acre Fund : ( Deadline : 04 January 2020 )
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Agricultural Integration Supervisor will coordinate a team of 2-5 Agricultural Integration Officers (AIOs)in a given region of the country. Through this team, you will help to integrate the activities of the Impact team with those of the Field Ops team—running trials and surveys to gather data on impact and serve provision, evaluating FO trainings, marketing and other activities and helping them to build their capacities, and providing supplemental harvest measurements to get impact numbers that complement the M&E team’s findings. Your chief role will be as leader of your AIOs, training them and building their capacities, overseeing their fieldwork and making sure they do it well and organizing their input and feedback to share with HQ’s team.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Manage team of Agricultural Integration Officers (AIOs)
- Ensure excellent knowledge and execution of all activities by your AIOs and promote a strong team culture, linked to TUBURA values, in your region
- Plan agenda for and run weekly team meeting
- Oversee calendar for all AIOs in your region; keep it updated on Google docs and make sure each AIO is doing a good job with efficient, strategic planning to meet survey objectives and reduce costs
- Collect weekly KPIs from the team, put onto Google docs, evaluate your AIOs’ performance on KPIs and follow-up with them if they are behind on their objectives
- Do back-check phone calls and visits with farmers in surveys and trials when potential problems are reported
- Train AIOs on use of surveys, marketing materials, or general agronomic knowledge as needed
- Implement Performance Reviews for these AIOs; write and follow up on Development Plans to help them continually improve their performance
- Do regular field visits in rotation to see the AIOs at work in their districts
- It is very important to visit each officer at least one time in 2 weeks!
- You should be doing 2-5 field visits in a given week, depending on the meeting or office work required that week
- You are expected to stay in the field for the full workday, minus transport time, when you do a field visit unless your manager tells you to ask stop in at the office
- Work with your manager and HR as needed for to do AIO selections, new employee registration, promotion recommendations, warnings, probation, terminations
Assist in Product Integration Trials
- Help organizing and conducting Product Integration trials in your region
- Based on observations, conversations with the Field Ops team, data analysis, assist with suggesting the type of evaluation that are needed to follow-up the trials in your region
Assist with materials preparation and planning
- Help to write surveys and focus group questions as needed
- Help to revise and translate existing surveys and focus groups as needed
- Provide feedback to your manager about what materials you think may be lacking in the field, take initiative to help prepare drafts
Communication between Product Innovation HQ and Field Ops in your region
- Attend weekly meetings with Field Directors in your region
- Share current activities and findings from your work each week
- Gather information systematically from the Field team about crop health problems, especially complaints about TUBURA seeds or plantlets
- Write weekly reports for your manager which include:
- Team performance analysis and comments
- Key substantive findings from surveys, trials, observations during visits, farmer conversations
Questions and communications from Field Ops or other departments in your region
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking 1 professional with 2 year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Experience of conducting surveys in the field, leading Focus Groups or unstructured interviews and working with farmers in general
- Experience to organize and training team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong educational background; [a qualification( A1, A0) in Agronomy, Agricultural economics, rural development or related fields
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Trustworthy person, ready to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Good communication in Kinyarwanda and English
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.