Sales Engineer at Motorola Solutions: (Deadline Open until filled)
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The Sales Engineer role is a front line position that partners closely with the Motorola Solutions key account Managers as well as our customers. You will be responsible to deliver customer-driven, world-class, leading-edge, end-to-end solutions that rise to the challenges that our customers face. The Sales Engineer is the overall owner of the solutions’ technical design, incorporating products and services from both Motorola and third party companies.
The team concentrates on the following mission-critical communications technologies at various levels of complexity:
• Public safety grade mobile voice and data networks
• Advanced mobile devices
• Public safety mobile broadband networks and devices (LTE)
• Integrated command and control: Dispatch Consoles, Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD)
• Intelligence-Led Public Safety: Real time video and data analytics
The primary role of the Sales Engineer is to undertake high level engineering tasks (such as High Level Designs, Detail Designs and System Architecture design) in support of major radio system opportunities
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for issuing technical solutions and designs during the tender phase and advice to various Project teams during implementation.
- Provide technical advice on specialist areas of radio communications systems (P25, Tetra, DMR, Microwave and LTE).
- Describe system performance, features, and architecture to consultants and customers.
- Technical architect and system design responsible for new opportunities.
- System architecture design and dimensioning for Core sites, Radio/Remote sites and TX sites. Design and dimension systems to provide customer required features and performance criteria such as redundancy, grade of service (GoS) and link/path availability.
- Evaluate different Motorola technologies and determine the best fit for customer needs and budget (including the selection of third party products for use in system solutions). Work with Sales to develop overall sales strategies based on the customer’s requirements and resources.
- Formally present technical product information to customers, professional organizations, and consultant groups about Motorola products.
- Create and review system engineering deliverables (i.e. System Design Document, System Description Document, Bill of Materials, System Architecture Diagrams, Network Diagrams, Fleetmaps, Coverage Plots, Design and Capacity Calculations, and other High Level as well as Detail Design deliverables)
- Interface with product groups regarding solutions or new products. Use their understanding of systems to request new products, systems, and features from System Planning.
- Analyze radio traffic reports to ensure continued optimal use of the network facilities.
- Liasing with radio planning team to conduct Radio Coverage and Capacity studies and produce coverage maps.
- Complete RF studies including coverage analysis, frequency reuse and interference analysis.
- Support the Project team in understanding system requirements and development of solutions.
- Ensure that all aspects of the system design have been completed to a level that minimizes Motorola’s risk.
- Ensure an understanding of commercial conditions and appropriate responses to technical conditions.
- Ensure that all response recommendations made on behalf of Motorola will comply with all appropriate statutory regulations.
- Review all technical documentation.
- Produce factory & field acceptance test procedure documentation.
- Knowledge management activities to explore and acquire knowledge in order to keep up level of technical expertise.
- Report the current status of work on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate has the following skills and capabilities:
- More than 5 years involvement with a wide range of radio communications systems including their design, specification and implementation.
- Technical Sales or customer relationship management experience
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Electrical, Wireless, Computer, or Network Engineering is preferred.
- A positive attitude with a can-do mentality that enables you to be creative, resourceful and deliver results
- Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to present complex topics to technical and non-technical audiences in English and Arabic
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to think out of the box and challenge the status quo
- Attention to detail and a flawless execution mindset
- Strong general knowledge of wireless communications fundamentals and voice/data architectures – both public and private (e.g. Tetra ,APCO P25, DMR, LTE, 802.11, 3G/4G) is highly desirable.
- Strong general knowledge of IP networking architecture, protocols and security is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of RF coverage predictions, traffic/capacity modeling, and related toolsets is an asset.
- Travel: 15-25%
Travel Requirements – 10-25%
Position Type- Experienced
Referral Payment Plan- No