Seamstress/Seamster at Mikajy Design: (Deadline 20 October 2020)
Mikajy Design is a fashion brand company specialized in handmade product. We are looking for Seamstress/Seamster who is enthusiastic about sewing with basic to intermediate sewing skills.
Number of position: 1
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Application Deadline: October 20th, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Selection process: Practical test, interview
Starting Date: November 2nd, 2020
Position type: full time
Working time: Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with 1-hour break
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certificate of sewing training completion
- English language speaking and reading skills are encouraged and must grow and learn
- Experience with various machine types: serger machine, simple machine, and industrial machine, button making machine, etc.
- Ability to work well with your hands, using needle and thread.
- The ideal candidate is motivated, organized, and dynamic and has:
- Attention to detail
- Very good eyesight (with or without glasses)
- Self-drive in order to advance skill level
- Passion to learn and will use learned skills in different applications
- Thinking and reasoning skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and time constraint
- Must be able to work quickly and meet daily production goals.
- The ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- The ability to work on your own as well as with others
- The Seamstress/Seamster will work under the Supervisor and Tailor/Dressmaker assistance.
- The tasks of the Seamstress/Seamster will comprise but not limited to the followings:
- Contribute to the daily production sewing of many different types of garments on a variety of fabrics.
- You will principally work on producing home utilities like a set of tables, pillow, curtain, etc.…
- You are asked to always be producing and prove quality work to ensure maximum client satisfaction.
- You will be constantly learning new skills and will be expected to retain them.
Precision is expected for all tasks.
To apply, please send your CV and Motivation Letter to [email protected] as the subject heading Seamstress/Seamster, and addressed to the Managing Director of Mikajy Design ltd. You can also bring it in hand directly to Mikajy Design Shop at Downtown Building Shop LI-30.