Equity Bank Rwanda
Equity Bank Rwanda
Senior Information Security Engineer at Equity Bank Rwanda: (Deadline 25 September 2020)
CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT EQUITY BANK RWANDA PLC
Equity Bank Rwanda PLC exists to transform the lives and livelihoods of our people socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. To this aim they offer inclusive, customer focused financial services that socially and economically empower our clients and other stakeholders. The bank commenced its operations in October 2011 and has since opened 14 branches and serves a large number of SMEs across the country. It is a subsidiary of Equity Group Holdings Plc, which has other banking subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
Position: Senior Information Security Engineer
The Bank is seeking a Senior Candidate in Information Security Management to bring proven experience from related businesses or organizations. This position will heavily involve Enterprise Security Risk/Vulnerability Assessment and remediation efforts, while providing industry best practices direction/oversight and ensuring policy fulfillment. The selected resource must have strong leadership skills and strong functional experience in Security, along with a strong technical understanding of IT Security.
- Engaging and interfacing with multiple project teams, participating in project reviews from aIT Security and Cyber perspective and offering solution that aligns to the Bank’s overall strategy.
- Perform expert security analysis the Bank’s systems, data, network and come up with corrective measures.
- Participates as the IT Security Subject Matter Expert throughout the Project Management and System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) to ensure the development of secure network and systems architectures by the strategic and operational projects in the Bank.
- Apply the necessary security requirements and controls across the enterprise Bank environment.
- Deploying and applying appropriate security control configurations/mitigations, and administering various Operating Systems to include Linux, Windows, MacOSX in standalone, client/server, and cloud-based environments (private, hybrid and commercial).
- Applying security measures for an enterprise environment with a multitude of information security technologies and be able to provide, from a security prospective, necessary technical oversight & leadership, security design and engineering, and expert advice from initial phases of projects and continue throughout the project lifecycle.
- To identify and apply security policies, mitigation and remediation strategies, and engineered security solutions beginning in the design and development phases through post implementation and assessment phases of projects.
- Provide Cyber security expertise and identify where internal and external controls are necessary and exercising and implementing those controls.
- To address and apply security controls in real world scenarios and offer mitigating solutions to found weaknesses in related control areas.
- BSc and MSc degrees or equivalent experience in IT, computer science and other cyber security related fields.
- Security-related certifications such as CISSO, CISSP, CEH, CISA, CCSP, CISM.
- Must be well versed with International Information Security and Cybersecurity standards and frameworks including but not limited to NIST, ISO27001, COBIT and CIS and controls.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in IT Security and ISMS.
- Prior experience in development and operationalization of IR playbooks.
- Candidate should have prior experience engaging management and executive on different security tactical, operational and strategic discussions.
- Threat management development, information dissemination and coordination of available cybersecurity threat information experience.
- Experience with security control assessments – developing Security Reports for Management and the Board.
- The candidate must have in-depth knowledge and experience in Security Orchestration, Automation and Response.
- The candidate must be prior knowledge and experience in configuration and administration of various security technologies including FIM, DAM, EDR, SIEM.
- Applicant MUST have ability to apply Security during Software implementation and designing.
- Applicant MUST demonstrate knowledge in administration of various Network and Infrastructure technologies.
- Should have Software security Architecture background and familiarity with Enterprise level applications and tools.
- Comfortable with project development life-cycle to build in secure solutions early in projects.
If you meet the above requirements, submit your application quoting the job opportunity you are applying for to the email address below by 25th September 2020. Please include detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of the relevant certificates, testimonials, and daytime telephone contact and email address. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Email to: [email protected]
Equity Bank is an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights, values and what they bring to the workplace.