Senior Project Manager Design & Implementation at Viamo: (Deadline 5 September 2020)
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organisations using digital technology to make better decisions.
With more than 11 million people reached in 2019 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
About the role
The Global Design & Implementation Team at Viamo works closely with the clients/partners and Viamo’s Country Managers to deliver world-class & socially impactful projects across Anglophone Africa countries.
This role will deliver value to our clients and end-users through use of the Viamo product suite on IVR, SMS, Android application channels and lead implementation of the following products:
- Mobile surveys (random digit dialing, known number sampling)
- Outbound messaging campaigns on IVR and SMS
- Inbound hotlines and infolines
- Call center applications
- Social media chatbots
- Remote training & job aids
Senior Project Managers manage client project implementation cycle and product implementation remotely with occasional requests to travel and deliver content development workshops or participate in design sessions which are dependent on project and client needs in the country of implementation. All Senior PMs must be willing and able to travel across the region.
- Lead project implementation cycle: project initiation, content design and optimization, product best practice implementation, results delivery, project closeout and client and various stakeholder communication and management
- Viamo platform mastery: configurations, route setups and content building
- Advise and recommend clients to apply best practices to optimize mobile content by Viamo product and oversee overall project implementation
- Monitor mobile engagement projects and find the best ways to achieve maximum number of unique listeners
- Deliver insights for our clients by analyzing data and creating reports primarily using Excel but knowledge of any other software for data analytics and visualization (Tableau, Power BI, Google Data Studio, STATA etc) is a bonus!
- Propose to run A/B tests to find the best way to achieve maximum user engagement and meet the client goals as well as suggest new platform feature developments if needed.
- Mentoring of junior staff on customer service, project management and on the Viamo platform.
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to the Regional Manager for Anglophone Africa
- No direct line management, however, mentoring of junior staff is critical
- Proven project management skills with at least 4 years + of experience in multi-stakeholder management in social enterprise, tech, INGO, mobile network operator. Ability to manage competing priorities at numerous projects at the same time.
- At least 3 years experience mentoring junior team members with a focus on building technical capacity
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with large data sets and data analysis and visualization.
- Communications with internal and external stakeholders: needs assessment and project design scoping and results delivery within the agreed timeliness.
- Technically proficient with software programs and applications for data collection, and the desire to constantly learn and self troubleshoot when encountering challenges.
- Certification: CAPM, PMP, PRINCE2
- Software knowledge for data analytics and visualization (Tableau, Power BI, Google Data Studio, STATA)
- SQL skills for coding of queries
- Experience living and working in Anglophone Africa
- Experience implementing USG-funded projects, DfID, EU funded projects
Viamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.