Senior Software Engineer at Irembo: (Deadline 4 September 2020)
Irembo Software Engineers develop technologies that change the way millions of people interact with digital services. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems and push our products forward.
As a Senior Engineer, you will help us identify and ﬁx issues to improve scalability, performance and the simplicity of our products.
The team currently handles a number of projects and as part of team, below are some of the things you will do;
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and continuously improve software.
- You will develop effective communication channels between various teams – technical and non-technical
- You will be excepted to collaborate with the product team to deliver new and exciting products to market
- You will be responsible for code reviews as well as providing mentorship for the junior team
- You will evaluate and conduct interviews for candidates in our hiring pipeline
You will be a great fit if:
- You have demonstrable knowledge in building web services at scale.
- You have a deep understanding of web technologies from the protocol level up through the stack.
- You have a strong notion of industry best practices.
- You are experienced in Java / Spring Framework.
- You have over 5 years of experience with at least 2 of them working in a tech leadership role.
- You have proven strong leadership and team coordination skills and have displayed a high level of innovativeness in dealing with challenges.
- Have a BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
Experience: Web services at scale, caching layers, performance tuning, debugging,
We’re on a mission to change our continent through technology. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life.