NATIONAL BANK OF RWANDA
NATIONAL BANK OF RWANDA
Senior Statistician at NATIONAL BANK OF RWANDA: (Deadline 14 August 2020)
a) Job Summary
The Senior Statistician will ensure the quality of data produced in Statistics Department and in the Bank in general and oversee the process of data collection, review all the data collection methodologies and instruments. He/she build tools and framework for data validation, storage and usage. In addition, she/he needs to have extensive knowledge in sampling, and statistical modelling using the current technologies. She/he also needs to oversee the implementation of the modern statistical methods and offer training to colleagues in the best data quality tools and statistical techniques and softwares that will allow the Bank to meet the excellent standards.
b) Key duties and responsibilities
- Independently work on statistical analysis and/or modelling for macroeconomic and micro economic data.
- Develop sound statistical methodologies including sampling, questionnaire design and statistical tests for data validation.
- Proactively suggest analysis methods and adjustments to better answer economic problems.
- Continuously look for and evaluate new analysis approaches to introduce to the business.
- Train and mentor statisticians on statistical methods, softwares and statistical quality assurance.
- Work as a liaison staff to validate statistical methodologies employed in the Bank.
- Lead the process of data collection, processing and validation
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
c) Education and Experience Requirements
- A Master’s Degree in Statistics with at least three years of experience in statistical methodologies design, sampling and modeling.
- Experience with multivariate statistics (e.g. regression, classification, segmentation, etc.) and conjoint analysis is an added advantage
d) Skills and competencies required
Thorough knowledge and understanding of economic developments in the country and region;
Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
Good analytical thinking and problem solving skills;
Ability to design and conduct statistics surveys;
Ability to facilitate and maintain positive stakeholder relationships;
Good planning and organization skills; and
Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
: Rwanda Country-KIGALI CITY-Head Quarters
P.O. Box 531 KIGALI
: Senior Officer
: Jul 31, 2020, 1:01:00 AM
Maximum Age: 35
Deadline for Application: Aug 14, 2020