Senior Test Engineer at Irembo: (Deadline 4 September 2020)
Irembo is a technology company that designs and develops digital products focused on users in Africa, starting with Rwanda. IremboGov, Irembo’s pioneer product, is a government services platform. To date, it has 8M+ users in Rwanda and oﬀers over 98 services online. We are using this experience to develop a wide range of products that will transform the tech ecosystem.
The Senior Test Engineer will be responsible for making sure that Irembo has a strategy and execution plan for testing software that is being delivered into production. You will be responsible for defining and coordinating releases along a regular cadence. You have embraced the shift left mindset, and firmly believe in providing tools and mechanisms to assist engineers in testing their code.
What you will do:
- Assist engineering by defining test strategies / plans / cases as needed
- Operate as a build / release engineer, by making changes to the build system as necessary to promote build health.
- Ability to setup and configure CI/CD (use API / write extensions are a plus )
- Liaise with engineering to define Test Cases and develop test strategy
- Liaise / Assist the Infrastructure Team
- Define / Design and operate Test Automation infrastructure
- Communicate with various stakeholders regarding testing outcomes
- Setup single click test automation and results that developers want to use.
You are a good fit if you have:
- BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience. Preferred qualifications: Master’s degree in Computer Science, or any other related fields
- 5 or more years of experience in Test Engineering / Test Automation
- Consider yourself an expert in your field and have strong opinions about test automation technology
- You are comfortable coding to solve complex problems.
- 2 or more years of experience in Linux based operating systems (installing, configuring, troubleshooting, etc)
- Experience with UI Testing Tools (Katalon, AppliTools, Testim)
- Experience with API Testing Tools ( Postman, RestBird, Jmeter)
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Is excited to Lead and Train a team
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (both written and spoken).