Our work in Rwanda currently covers all the refugee locations and their kind Rwandan-host communities. And we are always looking to expand and, jointly with our partners, offer lasting impact with and for the communities we serve! ALIGHT is looking for a qualified, self-driven, and committed individual to join its team as Community Services Assistant (refugee camps) where
ALIGHT has active operations.
Based at ETM Gashora, the Community Services Assistant (CSA) will act as the interface between Alight and communities at the ETM, for empowering POCS to enhance Quality and healthy life. He/she will also be responsible for community involvement and ownership to enhance the sustainability and empowerment of POCs in the ETM
Project development, implementation, and reporting:
- Under the supervision of the Community Service Officer, contribute to implementing and monitoring community service activities;
- Identify and report gaps in terms of community services with the objective to address them with strong impact for the beneficiaries;
- Assist the Community Services Officer to integrate participatory and community-based approaches in the overall protection delivery strategy and operational procedures;
- Contribute and assist in activities that drive towards empowerment, community mobilization, and participation of the various POCs;
- Contribute to the regular reporting requirements on community services related issues;
- Proactively contribute to the quality and timely implementation of community sub-sector activities as planned;
- Uphold’s code of conduct and principles on accountability.
- Perform any other task requested by the supervisor.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Contribute to the daily quality implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of projects and interventions;
- Identify, document, and disseminate relevant project success, challenges and follow up on the implementation of community service project action points;
- Assist in participatory needs/vulnerability and capacity assessments of affected communities;
- Participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of results.
We’re looking for the following education, technical skills, & knowledge:
- A university degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Adult and Community Education, Social Work and Social Administration, Community Psychology or any related field;
- At least three years experience in Community Services or community development interventions;
- Familiarity with effective community mobilization techniques and social change approaches is strongly preferred;
- Experience in participatory methods for community education and mobilization;
- Diplomacy and assertiveness; the ability to confront and discuss sensitive issues with respect;
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda.
Key Behaviors & Abilities:
- Compassionate and ability to empathize with people’s life experiences;
- Commitment to personally champion Alight Rwanda’s program vision and mission and inspire others to do the same;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including effective presentation and facilitation skills;
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of community and social issues;
- Initiative, resourcefulness, and innovation;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a 1page Cover letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages), and names, titles, and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor (all in/as one document) – via email only to: [email protected] with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is July 22nd, 2021 at 16:00hrs. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Alight complies with all applicable laws governing non-discrimination in employme
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com