Site Manager at Alight: (Deadline 5 July 2020)
ALIGHT is looking for a qualified, self-driven, and committed individual to join its team as Site Manager, to be located in any one of the refugee sites in Rwanda where ALIGHT has active operations and programming.
The Site Manager provides leadership to ensure the smooth implementation of all activities at designated refugee camp or site and surrounding host community. Reporting to the program coordinator and receiving the advice from country office and with support from different functional departments and technical team, s/he will ensure the management of all program activities, operations and logistics, finance, administration, and human resources.
Program Management & Development
- Effective implementation of all sector activities at Site level in line with ALIGHT program requirements, agreements, and contracts;
- Timely and efficient development and implementation of project work plans and activity plans;
- Liaise with the ALIGHT Rwanda senior staff and unit leads for effective Site operations and programs planning, including compliance and efficient utilization of all resources;
- Represent ALIGHT in coordination and planning meetings at the Site/District level;
- Liaise with local authorities, donors, refugee leaders, and stakeholders at the camp level to ensure effective implementation of pledged activities;
- Maintain adherence to sector/national standards in programming, finance, HR, and operations at the site level.
Program Quality & Reporting
- Participate in informing and development of new programs or expansion of existing programs or initiatives;
- Provide leadership, supervision, and strategy for Site level implementation of adequate monitoring and evaluation of program activities and results;
- Support Sector Coordinators and program quality team in evaluations, surveys, and provision of relevant data and reports;
- Supervise, coordinate, and deliver timely and quality Site level reports for ALIGHT Rwanda head office and others as required;
- Participate in informing and development of new programs or expansion of existing programs or initiatives.
Program Learning and Communications
- Support in documenting lessons learned from project implementation, consolidating additional information from Sector Coordinators;
- Contribute regularly to the communications department with content: articles, photos, etc.
- Maintain close and regular communications with the Senior Program Coordinator on program activity implementation and communications with donors and local authorities;
- Conduct regular spot-check and audits of Site level programs/operations/HR/finance to establish and maintain compliance with standards, rules, and policies.
Operations, Logistics & Administration
- Provide oversight on all financial and administrative matters in collaboration with ALIGHT’s field and Kigali based Finance and HR & Administration units;
- Provide oversight and ensure the performance of all supply chain management at camp level with support from the Logistics department including a procurement process, delivery of supplies, accounting of physical assets, inventory and stock management;
- Serve as the lead for Security and safety at the Site level, as guided by ALIGHT Rwanda Safety and Security guide.
- Manage and supervise all human resources in the camp, with support from the HR department;
- Support/strengthen the relationship between Site Sector Coordinators and Technical Advisors;
- Coordinate site staff through regular meetings, performance evaluations, and performance planning;
- Work closely together with the HR department to carry out regular competence and skills gap analysis.
General Areas of responsibility
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Senior Program Coordinator and/or Country Director;
- Promote the mission and organizational values of ALIGHT and ensure that these are reflected within the areas of responsibility.
- Master’s degree in Management, Development, International Relations, Project Management, Social Sciences or any related field from a renowned University required;
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience with development or relief organizations working in complex emergency situations and/or development settings, including refugees, returnees, displaced, vulnerable and/or conflict-affected populations;
- Minimum four (4) years of experience directly managing development/relief programs at senior levels;
- Experience in direct management of large staff complement is required;
- Experience in operations and logistics management including supply chain management is expected;
- Good technical knowledge of camp management in the following programming sectors preferred: health and nutrition, food security, HIV/AIDS, shelter and infrastructures, WASH;
- High proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English required. Fluency in French and/or Kinyarwanda preferred;
- Proficiency in the use of computers and standard applications required:
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES:
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes direction well, but also works independently;
- Strong intercultural skills and high tolerance to uncertainty required;
- Diplomatic skills and strong ability to manage staff, to resolve conflicts and build relations with diverse stakeholders;
- Capacity for effective planning and management, including of risks and concern areas;
- Capacity to work independently in a fast-paced environment and deliver results within tight deadlines;
- Ability and willingness to live and work full-time in rural, low resource and isolated areas of Rwanda
APPLICATION GUIDELINES: Interested and qualified candidates should submit 1page Cover letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title, and contacts of three professional referees, to include most recent or current employer/supervisor (all in/as one document) – via email only to: [email protected] with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is July 5th, 2020 at 16:00hrs. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.