Social Protection Specialist at RULINDO DISTRICT: (Deadline 31 July 2020)
• Oversee the preparation of annual plans, budgets and performance contracts by Social Protection agencies and local governments to ensure alignment with Social Protection Sector Strategic Plan targets and agreements with development partners
• Support the development of national policies and programming guidelines, with a view to ensuring that programmes reflect International best practice, suitably adapted for the Rwandan context;
• Promote the establishment of strategic partnerships between the social protection sector and other complementary sectors, programmes and services;
• Provide advisory and technical inputs to social protection agencies and other institutions and programmes on equity considerations (eg gender, disability and age);
• Participate in relevant inter
– ministerial and SP Sector coordination mechanisms as directed;
• Support the preparation of Joint Sector Review reports, in close collaboration with the Community Development and Social Affairs directorate.
• Participate in and contribute to wider policy dialogue relating to the development of the Social Protection sector;
• Lead the design and implementation of capacity building for central and local government staff on social protection;
• Support the establishment and implementation of a robust M&E framework for the social protection sector, ensuring timely and high reporting for results and resources;
• Regularly review the performance of key programmes in the social protection sector and ensure that risks are identified and mitigation is effectively and promptly applied;
• Participate in formal reviews and evaluations
• Support the documentation of successes, challenges and lessons
• Prepare quarterly briefings to MINALOC senior management
• Support the maintenance of effective working relationships with international development partners and local stakeholders on social protection.
• Support the development of the annual procurement plans for MINALOC activities funded through the World Bank IPF and ensure that these plans are fully embedded within LODA and MINALOC’s procurement plans;
• Support the preparation of terms of reference for outsourced activities;
• Participate in procurement and recruitment processes as required;
•Master’s degree in the Development Studies, Sociology, Social works, Public Policy and Public Administration plus at least 5 years’ relevant working experience in the social protection sector in Rwanda, OR a Bachelor degree in the above with 7 years’ relevant working experience;
•Experience and demonstrated knowledge in the concepts, approaches and practices in social protection and Knowledge of International evidence and best practice in the social protection sector.
•Ability to translate theoretical knowledge into practical applications in the context of social protection. Excellent understanding of lessons learned to date regarding social protection in Rwanda.
•Track record of contributing effectively to national strategy and policy development in the social protection sector.
•Strong experience in monitoring and evaluation, including managing independent reviews and evaluations
•Good knowledge of Rwanda’s decentralised governance framework Rwanda;
•Good knowledge of Rwanda’s public financial management framework
• Strong planning and budgeting skills
• Experience of developing and delivering training to Government officers;
• IT literate, excellent skills in Excel and Word
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strongly results oriented and able to manage a complex and multi
– faceted workload
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English are essential.